Search found 4 matches

by budgirl11777
27 Aug 2003, 19:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: First Name Translations...Costanzia and Giovanni??
Replies: 1
Views: 3331

First Name Translations...Costanzia and Giovanni??

My GG grandpa as I knew him was "Sam" Aliveto, but his wife's immigration manifest shows him as "Giovanni". Is this a common nickname for Giovanni? Also, I knew my great grandmother as "Mary", but her immigration manifest says Ma Costanzia. What is "Ma" and is...
by budgirl11777
27 Aug 2003, 19:45
Topic: Two Surnames on Manifest for my GG Grandpa-Lepera/Aliveto
Replies: 2
Views: 3419

Two Surnames on Manifest for my GG Grandpa-Lepera/Aliveto

The manifest which lists my GG grandmother and her children coming to W.V. from San Giovanni Fiore, shows them going to join my GG grandfather, Giovanni Lepera Aliveto. It also shows that my GG grandmother was previously living with her mother-in-law, Costanzia Lepera Aliveto. My GG Grandfather's na...
by budgirl11777
26 Aug 2003, 19:00
Topic: Help Deciphering Manifest-Surname Spelled Serrepele??
Replies: 5
Views: 4014

Help Deciphering Manifest-Surname Spelled Serrepele??

I am desperately trying to figure out what the actual surname is for my great-great grandmother. The Ellis Island passenger manifest lists her name as Angelo (should be Angelina) Serrepeole. It then lists her sister as Ca??ila Serrepele. Can someone help me out with figuring out the correct name?? I...
by budgirl11777
21 Aug 2003, 22:32
Topic: Bisirri Surname-Help!
Replies: 4
Views: 5738

Bisirri Surname-Help!

I am looking for any information possible on the Bisirri family from Ascoli Piceno. The father was Nezerina (Ned) Bisirri, and the children were Americo and Louise. I am not sure of the mother's name. Nezerina also had a brother, Julio, and a sister, Armelinga.

Thanks!
Anna Marie Urso