Search found 26 matches

by regina
04 Oct 2003, 07:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pecci, Andreoli from around Sassaferrato
Replies: 2
Views: 5198

I think you mean Sassoferrato rather than Sassaferrato. There are Pecci and Andreoli living in Sassoferrato still. Original vital records for Sassoferrato (Ancona Province) are available on microfilm through Family History Centers worldwide. The records go back to 1866, so you should be able to find...
by regina
03 Oct 2003, 00:50
Topic: LOOKING FOR SURNAME "SPINOLA" OR " ESPINOLA&a
Replies: 6
Views: 6903

Re: LOOKING FOR SURNAME "SPINOLA" OR " ESPINO

I'M LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON SPINOLA OR ESPINOLA SURNAME, MIGRATED FROM GENOVA, ITALY, YEAR I'M NOT SURE, TO AZORES ISLANDS, PORTUGAL. Do you have a general idea of when your family emigrated from Italy to the Azores? The Spinola are an ancient and noble Genoese family whose connections to Sp...
by regina
02 Oct 2003, 08:01
Topic: Looking for Scillia, Lisa, Sansone Families
Replies: 14
Views: 12503

Re: Sansones from Jersey

Flaviano Sansone & Filomeno Sansone were brothers. If you are trying to discover from where in Italy your Sansone came, write or call the Bergen County Clerk's Office for a copy of Filomeno's naturalization papers. Filomeno went abroad in 1923 and, on the passenger manifest for his trip home, i...
by regina
02 Oct 2003, 03:22
Topic: Carbonare and DeLuise
Replies: 20
Views: 20358

A little more possible info on Daniel. There is a Daniel Carbone who filed a "Declaration of Intention" to become a citizen in Kings County, New York in 1917. A Declaration usually lists the town of birth of the applicant. You can find more information here: http://www.jgsny.org/brooknats....
by regina
01 Oct 2003, 06:36

Daniel Carbonare was married to Anna Maniscalco. To the best of my knowledge she arrived in the US from Sicily, approximately 1903, at the age of about three. They had two children: Marie Carbonare, and Michael Carbonare. Michael's date of birth is January 21, 1922. Hi Franco, I could only find som...
by regina
30 Sep 2003, 06:03

Bernardino DeLuise, and Daniel Carbonare. Would you mind providing a little more info, such as the names of the wives and/or children of Bernardino and Daniel? I found a Bernidino DeLuisa and a Daniel Carbone in New York. Also, a Donato Carbonare enroute to New York. All were born in the 1890s. If ...
by regina
29 Sep 2003, 04:05

What are the names of the ancestors (who were born about 1895) you are trying to find?

Regina
by regina
28 Sep 2003, 22:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Were My Grandfathers Ever Naturalized US Citizens?
Replies: 9
Views: 7721

Re: Were My Grandfathers Ever Naturalized US Citizens?

They immigrated to NY from Italy in the early 1900's and I'm trying to determine if they ever became naturalized US Citizens. Is this a lost cause :( ? Look for your grandfathers in the 1910, 1920 and 1930 U.S. censuses. Each of these censuses have a column for "year of immigration" and c...
by regina
28 Sep 2003, 22:18

Re: Carbonare and DeLuise

Trying to locate information about my family. When they arrived in NY from Italy, birth dates and places, etc. It would be helpful if you at least knew the approximate year of birth for those ancestors for whom you are seeking information. You should be able to find this info in death or marriage r...
by regina
28 Sep 2003, 22:11
Topic: Gallo, Perruccio, Petrolo, Cutulle, Calabria
Replies: 10
Views: 10029

The original vital records -- birth, marriage, death -- for Torre di Ruggiero are available on microfilm from the Family History Library through Family History Centers in the U.S. and around the world. The records go back to 1809, so you should be able to discover a great deal about your family hist...
by regina
27 Sep 2003, 20:34
Topic: ZANATTA Family from Paese/Treviso
Replies: 13
Views: 11776

Re: ZANATTA Family from Paese/Treviso

Searching for information on Zanatta family from Porcellengo, Paese, Treviso. I recommend that you check your local library or bookstore for a copy of "Italian Genealogical Records" by Trafford Cole. This excellent book covers all the fundamentals for researching family history in Italy, ...
by regina
26 Sep 2003, 19:28
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Mesoraca
Views: 5017

The address was hard to find!

La Collina
Via del Convento, 4
88838 Mesoraca (KR)
Tel. 0962-45002

Some history and other information
http://www.regione.calabria.it/comuni/C ... a/HOME.HTM

Have fun!

Regina
by regina
24 Sep 2003, 05:08
Topic: Logoteta from Reggio Calabria
Views: 3560

Re: Logoteta from Reggio Calabria

Looking for ancestors of Michelangelo Logoteta (b.1885) and Maria Vincenza Sofia (b.1889). They came to USA in 1909 and 1910 respectively. Maria's mother, Teresa Bruno a widow at the time, came with her. Thank you. I looked at the passenger manifest for Michelangelo. His birthplace is hard to read,...
by regina
19 Sep 2003, 04:11
Topic: family history...surname DECIECO
Replies: 8
Views: 8450

Re: famhist surname decieco

The name of the town is Sant'Elia Fiumerapido. Until 1927 it was part of Caserta province. Today, it is in Frosinone province. The town has a website: http://www.comune.santeliafiumerapido.fr.it/ Civil vital records --births, deaths, marriages, marriage documents, miscellaneous documents-- for Sant'...
by regina
19 Sep 2003, 00:28
Topic: family history...surname DECIECO
Replies: 8
Views: 8450

Re: famhistory surname decieco

There are several municipalities name Sant'Elia in Italy, but none are in Caserta province. It could be that there is a "frazione" (hamlet) somewhere in Caserta named Sant'Elia. It could be that the borders of Caserta province have changed and that your family's Sant'Elia is now in another...