Search found 21 matches

by Franco29
19 Jan 2016, 23:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Muro Lucano: Anyone With Family From The Area?
Replies: 8
Views: 8184

Muro Lucano: Anyone With Family From The Area?

Anyone here with family lines leading to Muro Lucano, (province of Potenza)? I've been doing some digging around for my family ties and have come up with some names and dates.
by Franco29
21 Dec 2013, 17:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Naturalization Records
Views: 3244

Re: Naturalization Records

I used this link: http://www.archives.gov/research/natura ... index.html
Can we assume that no record of naturalization means your relative never naturalized?
by Franco29
15 Jul 2013, 16:42
Topic: Wife and Daughters Eligible for Italian Citizenship?
Replies: 10
Views: 3375

Re: Wife and Daughters Eligible for Italian Citizenship?

I have no doubt there will be twists and turns getting all this done, and I'm sure it will be time consuming. Whatever needs to be done, will be, and ultimately we'll reach the finish line no worse for the wear. Thank you for the advice.
by Franco29
14 Jul 2013, 18:19

Hi, mier. My older daughter isn't in the same consular jurisdition. I'm guessing this adds hoops to jump through for her?
by Franco29
13 Jul 2013, 15:31

Thank you, Jennabet. My older daughter was legally adopted by me when she was 9 years old, meaning that she could apply for Italian citizenship after I receive mine? Great news! Thank you again!
by Franco29
13 Jul 2013, 14:01

Wife and Daughters Eligible for Italian Citizenship?

It appears I am going to qualify for Italian citizenship through my maternal grandfather. Assuming this happens, will my wife and daughters become eligible? My wife is Colombian by birth but a naturalized US citizen. My older daughter, 25, the same. My younger daughter, 15, was born in the US. Thank...
by Franco29
09 Jul 2013, 13:15
Topic: Italian Consulate in Miami
Replies: 1
Views: 1504

Italian Consulate in Miami

The Italian Consulate in Miami is the location I will be using to apply for citizenship. Unless I am misreading the link they sent me, am I correct in that they charge $2.50/minute to speak with them on the phone? And appointments are up to two years out?? :? http://www.consmiami.esteri.it/Consolato...
by Franco29
05 Jul 2013, 16:57

Unfotunately, a further bit of digging revealed my grandfather was naturalized about 5 years prior to my dad's birth. . .too bad for me. :cry: I guess my next path is to determine my maternal grandparents naturalization status. Do my great grandparents have any affect on my ability to gain an Italia...
by Franco29
04 Jul 2013, 17:56

Thanks, mier. A quick search online yesterday came up with no record, which I guess is what I want. But I'm sure a more thorough investigation will be necessary.
by Franco29
03 Jul 2013, 19:15

Naturalization Records

If I am understanding correctly, to obtain my Italian passport I need to determine if my grandfather because a naturalized US citizen prior to my dad being born. Is this correct? If so, how and where do I find this information? Seems I need to access naturalization records but I'm having difficulty....
by Franco29
02 Oct 2003, 04:36
Topic: Carbonare and DeLuise
Replies: 20
Views: 20369

Regina, another heartfelt thank you! I'll keep you posted as I continue my search. I'll be speaking with a cousin of mine in a few days who may have some info.
Also, I'm going to obtain my grandfather Carbonare's death certificate, which should yield some additional clues.
by Franco29
01 Oct 2003, 20:17

Peter, I hear you. I remember my father telling me stories about growing up in Brooklyn and how he would scuffle with the Irish kids because his last name made him a target. He would be called a WOP, even though he was born in the hospital right down the street from where he was fighting.
by Franco29
01 Oct 2003, 18:01

Regina, first let me say Wow! You are good! :D Thank you so much! I am sure this is my grandfather we are talking about. For some reason unknown to me, he went by the name of Carbone. I was told that he became frustrated with the difficulty people had with the name Carbonare, so he "Americanize...
by Franco29
30 Sep 2003, 22:07

Hi, Regina. Bernardino DeLuise was married to Angelina Verde. They had two children: Daniel Deluise and Filomena DeLuise. Filomena's date of birth is August 17, 1922. Daniel Carbonare was married to Anna Maniscalco. To the best of my knowledge she arrived in the US from Sicily, approximately 1903, a...