Search found 13 matches

by Victoria
08 Apr 2012, 14:46
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Info from VARNI passport?
Replies: 25
Views: 20819

Re: Info from VARNI passport?

So what you are saying is that there really is no place to go from here because they didn't keep records for foundlings?
by Victoria
08 Apr 2012, 03:06

Funny, I found that too a few minutes ago. Problem is what do I do with it? No parents are listed....
by Victoria
08 Apr 2012, 01:32

Wow, so many years have gone by and nothing has changed. I am still at a loss trying to find information about my great grandfather, Carlo Varni. I am hoping, with the advancement of digital records, that some day soon I will find what I am looking for. Until then, I still appreciate any help or ins...
by Victoria
15 Jan 2004, 12:09
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Lusiglie, Torino, Piemonte
Replies: 8
Views: 8883

Lusiglie, Torino, Piemonte

My great- grandfather was raised in this small town and I was looking for others who are doing research there to share info perhaps.
by Victoria
16 Nov 2003, 00:37
Topic: Immigration
Replies: 3
Views: 5113

See if you can find a later census. I actually had no luck finding immigration info in the US 1910 census but found it in the 1920 and 1930. I don't know what other census' there were in London, but check ahead in years and maybe you'll find the info there.

Vikki
by Victoria
15 Nov 2003, 01:06

Suanj, Here is the letter I have written. Please tell me if this is OK... Egregi Signori: Ho acquistato una copia del passaporto de mio bisnonno, pubblicata in 1911 in Torino, di cui ho incluso una copia. Sto facendo la ricerca in genealogy e vorrei ricevere una copia della sua domanda di passaporto...
by Victoria
14 Nov 2003, 18:35

I checked the Ellis Island records and the one for Albina may be her. The ones for Domenico were't him though, the ages didn't match up. He was born in 1872 and both of these men were too young. Will keep looking, thank you!
by Victoria
14 Nov 2003, 18:18

Thank you so much Suanj! I had found emmigration of Domenico in the Ellis Island records, but never Albina. That is most assuredly her, the name is uncommon. I will have to pull up the record from here. As for the passport, that's great news and what I had hoped. I know that here in the US paperwork...
by Victoria
13 Nov 2003, 23:35

Are ecclesiastical records indexed? If they aren't chronological, there must be a way to search them without reading page by page...
by Victoria
13 Nov 2003, 04:22

Thank you for all your help, Peter. After reading the article on orphans and adoptees, I'm thinking that finding his birth record may be impossible depending on what the circumstance of his birth was. I just assumed that since a passport was a federal item that they would be able to locate the origi...
by Victoria
13 Nov 2003, 02:13

When you say what should be isn't, what are you referring to? Also, digging through my paperwork, I found a "Tribunale di Torino - Casellario Giudiziario" which I am assuming he had to file to prove he wasn't a criminal before he left the country. Under parents it says "D'agnoti"...
by Victoria
13 Nov 2003, 00:02

Info from VARNI passport?

First of all, let me say what a terrific site this is. I have been longing for an in-depth italian site with forums and this one is great. My issue is that I have been researching my g-grandfather for about 5 yrs now with no success, which is odd because I have practically every form of paperwork I ...