by Oatie
29 Aug 2004, 16:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Barberis Family @ La Morra, Piedmont
Replies: 14
Views: 9674

Re: Barberis Family @ La Morra, Piedmont

Peter,
Thanks for the advice and the answers website, which I found.
Tina
by Oatie
19 Aug 2004, 21:36

The only date of birth I have Peter is that of my grandfather. After he married my grandmother in London in 1904 he did not become a British citizen and therefore at the time of the 1914-18 war he had to leave England and return to Italy to fight in the Italian army. His date and place of birth is 1...
by Oatie
18 Aug 2004, 18:05

Peter, no-one in my family went to USA. As far as I know only grandpa came to London - everyone else went to Monaco.
Are there any Italian census records which I can access to find out more about Pietro and Gioavanni?
Tina
by Oatie
18 Aug 2004, 17:53
Topic: FERRERO family @ La Morra, Piedmont
Replies: 1
Views: 2759

FERRERO family @ La Morra, Piedmont

My great grandmother was LUIGIA FERRERO b. La Morra, Cuneo, Piedmont c.1855/60 I should think.
I know nothing at all about her parents or siblings and hope perhaps someone may have some information about this family.
Tina
by Oatie
18 Aug 2004, 17:48

Barberis Family @ La Morra, Piedmont

I am seeking more information about my grandfather's BARBERIS family, from the commune of La Morra, Cuneo, Piedmont. Grandfather was Francesco Barberis, b. 1881 in La Morra. His father was PIETRO BARBERIS, who was the son of GIOAVANNI BARBERIS, both also of La Morra. Later Pietro and his wife Luigia...
by Oatie
16 Nov 2003, 18:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Immigration
Replies: 3
Views: 5113

Immigration!

Thank you Vikki: unfortunately here in England we are not allowed to see censuses that are less than 100 years old, so I shall have to wait another 10 years before I can see the 1911 census! Other than that I know all about my grandpa, his mother and father and grandfather; I just don't know when he...
by Oatie
15 Nov 2003, 19:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Immigration
Replies: 3
Views: 5113

Immigration

Can someone tell me please how I can find out when my grandfather, Francesco Barberis, b. 1881 La Morra, Cuneo, came to England. All I know is that he married my grandmother in London in 1904. I cannot find him on the 1901 London census. I presume he came by boat.
Tina