Search found 8 matches

by saracecchine
21 Dec 2003, 00:27
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Sessa A's ???
Replies: 9
Views: 11578

Thank you all!

I really appreciate the help you've all kindly given me. As for the Mormon church, I do know about that. I have ordered some copies of CD's they've offered for Vital statistics, census's and a few other things. It will take a couple weeks before we get them. They don't charge much for the cd's, just...
by saracecchine
20 Dec 2003, 17:18

Immigration record

The record is from Ellis Island. The manifest image and the transcription read the same. Here is the record for the passenger. Click the links on the left to see more information about this passenger. Cecchini, Pietro Italy, South Sessa A'a June 19, 1906 16y M S Piemonte Naples, Campania, Italy Cecc...
by saracecchine
20 Dec 2003, 17:11

Thank you!

The Directory and map site will prove very helpful to me. I appreciate you assistance. Are you able to read and write italian? I would like to see if I could find a site that would have vital records or a church site there that would have family records.
Thank you again.
by saracecchine
19 Dec 2003, 21:42
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Searching for Pietro Cecchini b. 10/14/1889 emig->New Jer
Replies: 12
Views: 12551

Peter definately went to New Jersey

Peter's descendants live in New Jersey, That's where my husband and all of his family come from. I just have a tough time getting to find the immigration and beyond. I have matched up Peter and Joseph and Joseph's brother Frank to the 1920 and 1930 census's. I am trying to put it all together to get...
by saracecchine
19 Dec 2003, 21:37

Sessa A's ???

Can anyone tell me what SESSA A'S would be, or where it would be? Found it listed on an immigration record. :D
by saracecchine
10 Dec 2003, 18:18

Re: file a form 81 with NARA

Thank you, I will try that. If my current lead does not work. I found a living Son of Pietro, I'm hoping he answers my message. He's the best lead I found so far, but I haven't heard back from him yet.
by saracecchine
10 Dec 2003, 18:15

RE: manifest ship an CicchinI Pietro, emigrated 1902 but age

Thanks Susie,

I have his date of birth from the Social Security records. In reading the manifest, it said his destination was to Nevada. to be with family. That portion does not match up. I know they lived in New Jersey and raised their family there.
by saracecchine
09 Dec 2003, 12:37

Searching for Pietro Cecchini b. 10/14/1889 emig->New Jer

I am searching for Peter (Pietro?) Cecchini , born 10/14/1889 in Italy , emmigrated to New Jersey around 1903. Had a wife named Rhoda who was also born in Italy. 4 known children from 1920 NJ Census were Marie, Jennie, Peter and Joseph . Looking for any information on their siblings or ancestors. as...