Search found 10 matches

by Melinda
28 Feb 2005, 01:32
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Emigrating from US back to Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 9739

Re: Emigrating from US back to Italy

Yes, Joseph would be my father and Lena was my grandmother's nickname. They were in Syracuse, NY at the time. No father - right?
by Melinda
26 Feb 2005, 02:20

Because my father was born in 1914 I believe he left sometime after that. My father's sister was several years younger than he but family rumor has it his father was not hers. Dad said his father died of a tubercular bone infection but no one (brothers, etc) ever spoke of him. All I ever was told wa...
by Melinda
23 Feb 2005, 00:40

Peter,
Thanks for your help. I will contact the anagrafe in Ghiare.
by Melinda
11 Jan 2005, 04:49

Yes, I believe so. Last year I sent a letter to all of the people with my maiden name in and around Berceto (Mussi). I got a response from Ilario Mussi and we have been corresponding through my next door neighbor who happens to be Italian (Luigi DellaVecchia from Naples). We call every six weeks or ...
by Melinda
11 Jan 2005, 03:47

Emigrating from US back to Italy

I am beginning to think that after my grandfather came to the U.S., married, and had children, he went back to Italy. Is there any way to locate ships manifests going from here (US) to there (Italy)? Perhaps it would be best to check census records in Italy? Any suggestions? I can't seem to find any...
by Melinda
28 Dec 2003, 19:42
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Mussi surname
Replies: 7
Views: 8952

Thanks. My grandfather, Giacomo Mussi was Italian and came over from North Luxembourg, arriving in New York on December 2, 1902. I have now discovered that his passage was paid by his cousin in Syracuse, NY (which was his destination).
by Melinda
22 Dec 2003, 04:41

Mussi surname

I have the Ellis Island record showing Gaicomo Mussi (ethnicity, Italian; place of residence, North Luxembourg) arriving at Ellis Island December 2, 1902; age 21. Traveled on LaChampagne and departed from leHavre, France.
by Melinda
22 Dec 2003, 04:12
Topic: Clerici surname
Replies: 5
Views: 6522

Clerici surname

Thank you so much!
by Melinda
21 Dec 2003, 04:59
Topic: Clerici surname
Replies: 5
Views: 6522

Clerici surname

My grandmother Ermelinda Clerici came to NY on August 17, 1907. Her place of residence was listed as Parma, Berceto (ethnicity listed as italy, Italian North). How do I go about finding information on her life iln Italy? Obviously, I am new to this whole thing and am finding it rough going. Any help...
by Melinda
21 Dec 2003, 04:57

Mussi surname

My grandfather, Giacomo Mussi arrived in NY on December 2, 1902. His ethnicity was Italian but his records indicate his place of residence as North Luxembourg. How will I be able to find our where he came from in Italy?