Searching for DiFiore

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Searching for DiFiore

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Mar 2009, 05:12

Dear Hamchuck since his draft card is Villagrazie, Palermo, Provincia Palermo wouldn't that indicate that this place of origin is Villagrazia..On the road to Palermo...sull strade di Palermo as I indicated above rather than part of Carini? Please let us know. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 12 Mar 2009, 07:39

PeterTimber wrote:...or Villagrazia "on the road to Palermo"? =Peter=

the entry states
Villagrazia PA Sicilia 091 Cerca nelle strade di Palermo

and suggests to search among the streets of Palermo.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby hamchuck » 12 Mar 2009, 16:47

PeterTimber wrote:Villagrazia for your information is part of Palermo as it is a hamlet on the road to Palermo as it were but part of Palermo. If this is he then go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Villagrazia on the heading and click Cerca when the next page comes up click on "STRADE DI PALERMO " ( on the far right side) ,then type in Palermo and the 4"road to palermo" addresses will come up that may relate to your guy. Let us know and we can take you from there. =Peter=

I did try this but it is all in Italian and unfortunately I am not sure what I am looking at. :oops: I don't suppose there is a button to convert text to english? I guess I am showing my noobness here.
hamchuck
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PeterTimber » 13 Mar 2009, 00:32

No but if your willing to read a brief description on how to do your own Italian Genealogy Research which you will find inthe following website
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/fr ... earch.html
you will obtain a better grasp of the subject

Familiarizing yourself with the background of Italian genealogy puts you in a better positon to understand and ask pertinent questions relating to your research objectives.

I hardly think not knowing a foreign language is "noobness" which I take to mean lack of familiarity. This is why we are here to assist you assist yourself. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby hamchuck » 13 Mar 2009, 00:55

Right. For some reason they changed the name from Busalacchi to Buselaki. It still became as misspelled as the previous name. The Busalacchi/Buselaki's have many more family members born in the US, but on the DiFiore side, no such luck.
hamchuck
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TitaMaes » 28 Mar 2014, 23:51

Hi Hamchuck, Is this Michael? Vincenzo Difiore was my Grandfather. His daughter Geneviene DiFiore Maes was my Mother. I'm I related to anyone on these post?
TitaMaes

Previous

21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy