Samuele Leoni WWI Italian Army

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Samuele Leoni WWI Italian Army

Post by ricbru »

Situazione di famiglia can be found only at the civil record office, not at Archivio di Stato.
Also Archivio di Stato should have the military record of Silverio.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
4!itbermel

Post by 4!itbermel »

Yes, you're right, it's Anselmo. I got the name Antelano from Ellis Island records. It's possible there never was a Samuele or maybe his name is Silverio Samuele Leoni.

Somewhere I read it is uncommon for Italians to have a middle name. Yet, on the Diocesi di Cesena, Parrocchia di S. Maria Nuova di Bertinoro, Certificato di Battesimo for Raffaele Leoni, it reads in part, ... rilevasi che Leoni Rufillo - Guglielmo - Larzaro figlio del Sig. Luigi di Francesco Leoni - e della Signora Lucia di. Domenico Poradi nacque 24-1X-1872. The record has the name Rufillo instead of Raffaele and are Guglielmo and Larzaro considered just middle names or do the names serve another purpose?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

yes those are middle names, probably is Rufillo at baptism record, and Raffaele at civil birth record. To discover this you need to get his birth record or certificate from Bertinoro civil record office
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
4!itbermel

Post by 4!itbermel »

Wow, Riccardo, you are so efficient. Is there a letter template I can use to write to civil record office and Archivio di Stato. Does Italy have census records and can we access them? Grazie
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

there should be a letter template somewhere , I guess on www.circolocalabrese.com
The census or family certificate can be found directly at civil record office of the town of your ancestors
bye Riccardo
4!itbermel

Post by 4!itbermel »

Our family was told this is a photograph of LEONI SAMUELE the eldest Leoni son/child born Meldola 1 feb 1896 and died 23 jun 1918 in the World War I Battle of Fagare' in Casale sul Sile, Treviso, Veneto, Italy. But it is LEONI SILVERIO son of Raffaele whose name is listed in the war dead on the website www.cadutigrandeguerra.it/ He is the son of Leoni Raffaele and Maria Grilli. Silverio may have had the middle name of Samuele. His sister, my paternal grandmother, Norina Leoni and her husband, Aurelio Ranieri, gave their first born son the name of Andrew Samuel Ranieri. Andrew after Andrea Ranieri, Aurelio's father, and Samuel, after Norina's brother, Samuele. I will soon know if his true name is Silverio Samuele Leoni when I obtain his birth, baptism, military, and death records.
paulieF

Post by paulieF »

How about Miss Hubbard. Ha Ha that's the best story of all!
cbraschi

Post by cbraschi »

Hi I am new to this site and found your post. My grandparents are Romeo and Antonia Braschi and Bianca, Maizie and Alba are my dads first cousins!