CALLING ALL MACARI RESEARCHERS

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BrenImmer

Re: CALLING ALL MACARI RESEARCHERS

Post by BrenImmer »

Hi Jamie

Thanks for that, are you 1oo% sure that VERCESI is the correct surname, I was given another one for the same person MEROESE. Can you pls tell me here you found her.

In regards to your list, I dont seem to recognise any of the names. But pass on some more and I will help you search
hmarcel

Post by hmarcel »

I noticed a few posts up that Belfat was mentioned. I have a picture of Domenico Marsella visiting some relatives in Belfast. I have no idea who the older man and the teenager is. This is absolutly from Belfast, and I know for fact that MArsella's and MAcari's in my family went to Belfast - just don't know which ones. Does the pic ring a bell to anyone. Direct link to picture is http://www.allthingsitaliane.com/dave_pics.htm It's the 4th pic down.

Direct URL for Macari and Borza Flowcharts is http://www.allthingsitaliane.com/surname_database.htm
Forte1

Post by Forte1 »

This is very interesting, I did a word search on my grandparents and came up with your site, I am the grandson of Maria Macari and Carmine Forte.

They had 5 children. John, Anna Maria, Angelo, Joan and Theresa. John immegrated to Canada and the rest followed. Including my grandparents.

There is another cousin George Macari that also lives in Canada. He had 2 sons and a daughter. One son died young but the other children are grown and married.

I dont know much of the history and this is certainly providing a great connection.

John

BrenImmer wrote:Hi to all of you out there interested in the MACARI Line. I am posting some names in the hope that some one will recognise them.

DOMENICO and ELIZABETH MACARI. Arrived in Belfast with 2 children
EUGENIO and MARIA GRAZIA. The are listed in the 1911 census and lived at number 19 York St, Belfast East. They had 3 more children MARCO, ADELINA and LOUIS. They moved to Dublin where they opened a chipper at number 46 HARRINGTON ST. I think that it is now a coffee shop.

The children went on to marry

Eugenio Macari married Alexandrina ? ( a surname would be great )
Maria Grazia Macari married Carmine Forte
Marco Macari married Rosalina Cervi
Adelina Macari married Tom Reddington
Louis Macari married Paddy Manning

Eugenio and his younger brother married in a double wedding at the pro-cathedral in Dublin on the 23 Feb 1928. I have lots more info if any one is interested.

Bye for now Bren
Forte1

Post by Forte1 »

Is it possible that Eugenio Macari married Alexandrina MEZZA?? I have an uncle (recently passed away) that was supposed to be a son of the daughter or maybe wife of the Macari family?
BrenImmer wrote:Hi to all of you out there interested in the MACARI Line. I am posting some names in the hope that some one will recognise them.

EUGENIO and MARIA GRAZIA. The are listed in the 1911 census and lived at number 19 York St, Belfast East. They had 3 more children MARCO, ADELINA and LOUIS. They moved to Dublin where they opened a chipper at number 46 HARRINGTON ST. I think that it is now a coffee shop.

Eugenio and his younger brother married in a double wedding at the pro-cathedral in Dublin on the 23 Feb 1928. I have lots more info if any one is interested.

Bye for now Bren
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Have you researched google under the title MACRI SURNAME GENEALOGY CASALATTICO ITALY for any researches conducted or being conducted for the surname. MACRI not listed in the Italian surname dictionary and appears to be local in origin. =Peter=
~Peter~
Forte1

Post by Forte1 »

Would anyone have any information on Carmine Forte's family dating back a few years?
Forte1 wrote:This is very interesting, I did a word search on my grandparents and came up with your site, I am the grandson of Maria Macari and Carmine Forte.

They had 5 children. John, Anna Maria, Angelo, Joan and Theresa. John immegrated to Canada and the rest followed. Including my grandparents.

There is another cousin George Macari that also lives in Canada. He had 2 sons and a daughter. One son died young but the other children are grown and married.

I dont know much of the history and this is certainly providing a great connection.

John

Bye for now Bren
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Forte why not add Forte as a second research in Google with same title? =Peter=
~Peter~
ursulamezza
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ursulamezza »

Hi John and Forte1

I'm researching the Mezza family and noticed you have identified an Alexandrina Mezza marrying Eugenio Macari in Dublin in 1928. I haven't come across her name before with any of the Mezzas in Ireland at the time and wondered if you had any further information on her?

Thanks

Ursula
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

If you look at the first records in both these Links, you will se they share the same dates and information. The rest do not!

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... %20Ireland

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... pe=partial

Jmaie
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
SarahK

Post by SarahK »

Hi,
I'm a little bit late to this, but I'm the daughter of Eugene Macari (Amanda's cousin!)
paddypad2

Post by paddypad2 »

hi sarah,my name is paddy,Im Brendas cousin,my grandparents were Roselina and Marco Macari ,i got a copy of the marriage cert for Brenda ,your grandparents were witness to my grandparents marriage as it was a double ceremony,i remember my nanna showing me photos of the wedding ,unfortunately my aunt has lost them,however i have copies of our grandfathers two sisters,louie and Lena,also a copy of my grandfather with our greatgrandmother standing outside the shop in harringtin street ,Aunty Lena gave it to me about 30 yrs ago ,if you are intrested ,get in touch.paddy
lynn21

Post by lynn21 »

SarahK wrote:Hi,
I'm a little bit late to this, but I'm the daughter of Eugene Macari (Amanda's cousin!)
Hi sarah.. its your cousin linda h.. im rita's daughter, im just wondering did you get any more info on the family? or any photos, hope to here from you soon :)
miriam

Post by miriam »

Hi, I'm Miriam, daughter of Emilio and Maureen. My grandmother's name was definitely Alexanderina Vercesi and I remember her well! I never knew my grandfather, I think he died before I was born (I'm the youngest of my family). Both my parents have passed away, my father in February 1991 and my mother in October 2014.