*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Strangis

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Strangis

Postby pink67 » 18 Feb 2011, 13:17

I don't know how long they lived in Massachusetts before moving to Chicago.

On Antonio Strangis's 25 september 1919 death certificate Francesco and Julia stated they were living in Chicago since 5 months (so, they moved to Chicago approx on april 1919) but they stated also that Antonio was born on 1 september 1918 in Niagara Falls - NY.
Maybe you can also request Antonio Strangis's birth certificate and see if it contains new details...

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Postby CWoodzie » 18 Feb 2011, 23:44

Thanks Laura,
How would I go about finding out info from Italy? Who would I contact and how hard is it to get? Since Antonio was born in Niagara Falls and that is where I live would I just go to City Hall?
CWoodzie

Postby pink67 » 19 Feb 2011, 18:23

You need to write to the town hall of Lamezia Terme (Sambiase belongs to this Comune/town
http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/calabr ... biase.html ) and ask for Francesco Strangis birth act, on this site you can find some form letters in italian:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

It's better to specify in your request that Francesco was born in Sambiase (Since 1968 Sambiase itself doesn't exist as a Comune but it was admitted with two other towns to create the Comune of Lamezia Terme)

the address is:

Comune di Lamezia Terme
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Sen. Arturo Perugini
88046 Lamezia Terme (CZ)
ITALY

Regarding Antonio Strangis's birth certificate in Niagara falls I believe you have to request the document here:

http://www.niagarafallsusa.org/clerk_certificates.cfm

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Postby CWoodzie » 22 Feb 2011, 01:52

Thanks Laura,

Will I have to translate the letter to Italian? I wonder if they would also have info on Francesco Trunzo.

Thanks, Carol
CWoodzie

Postby pink67 » 22 Feb 2011, 08:25

You need to write to the town hall of Lamezia Terme (Sambiase belongs to this Comune/town
italia.indettaglio.it/...biase.html ) and ask for Francesco Strangis birth act, on this site you can find some form letters in italian:

www.circolocalabrese.o.../index.asp

It's better to specify in your request that Francesco was born in Sambiase (Since 1968 Sambiase itself doesn't exist as a Comune but it was admitted with two other towns to create the Comune of Lamezia Terme)

Carol, the link I gave you it's a form italian letter generator....

I would advise you to ask for first for the person of which you have sure dates, so Francesco Strangis born in Sambiase on/around 16 january 1892 could be a good start point...

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Postby CWoodzie » 25 Feb 2011, 13:48

Laura,

I am going to get a letter out. Thanks again for your help. Loved the fulton history link. If you have any other links please send them. I just really want to know my family history.

Thanks,
Carol
CWoodzie

Previous

21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy