Aniello Migliaccio Family Ponza d'Ischia, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
48 posts • Page 4 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Re: Aniello Migliaccio Family Ponza d'Ischia, Italy

Postby amigli52 » 19 Apr 2011, 14:09

Ciao Jennabet

Yes your are correct. Our families were in Tuckahoe and Ocean City. There was always a garden where someone lived, even in the city. Wheerever there was a patch of sunny ground there grew vegetables, grapes and flowers. My father always maintained a 50'X 100' garden with enough vegetables to last well into the fall and winter and an arbor with enough grapes to make about 100 gallons of red wine every year. I can taste that wine to this day. We lived outside Washington DC and those trips in the late 1950's and 1960's to Tuckhoe and Ocean City were always a treat for my sister and I. We too took the back way down NJ Route 49 all the way from the Deleware Memorial Bridge to Tuckahoe. My sister referrered to Rt. 49 as the forever road. Me, I make my living growing trees flowers and maintaining historic landscapes as a gardener although I now supervise gardeners and landscape contractors. I believe gardening came natural to us. It is spring and this begins a new growing season. I cannot wait.

Anthony
amigli52

Postby amigli52 » 19 Apr 2011, 14:34

Laura,

On behalf of my Cousin Joyce and I, we cannot thank you enough for what you have provided to us. The information has provided the link tha both of us have been searching for for a lifetime. You have been a blessing to the both of us. My words can never express what is in our hearts for the hard work that you have done. I am sure another question will pop up in the future but for now it is thank you, thank you, thank you. We will always be grateful.
Not only have you provided the information but you have taught me how to find it myself. I have explored the links that you have provided and if I could read and understand Italian I believe I could have saved you much of the work. I am now beginning to study the language and between home study and classes this fall I hope to be able to at least read and converse in Italian. I was not taught the language as a child and the public schools I went to did not offer is to study, only Spanish, German and French. I am not near too many people that speak and understand Italian any longer. That will make it difficult.
Today in America it is Spanish that is heard everywhere as so many Hispanic families from Mexico, Central and South America are .
comming here.
Again thank you and God Bless you

Respectfully
Anthony Migliaccio
amigli52

Postby siskojnash » 03 Nov 2013, 02:41

I came across this topic while searching for the name Calise. I saw this in the middle of the third page of this topic:

Marriage Annotation:
Migliaccio Angela Maria married Vincenzo Calise in Forio on the day 22 april 1906
Marriage act number 16 - Year 1906

Is there anyway to learn more about Vincenzo Calise? I have another topic about a Giuseppe Calise and Bridget Colella also from Forio and am curious whether or not Vincenzo could be related somehow.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Previous

48 posts • Page 4 of 41, 2, 3, 4

Return to Italian Genealogy