Davia and Epifano from Pieve di cadore, Belluno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Davia and Epifano from Pieve di cadore, Belluno

Postby ldavia » 06 Feb 2005, 00:38

My great grandfather was Luigi Antonio DaVia. He was born around 1880 in Pieve di Cadore. He came to Chicago in the early 1900s. His wifes name was Tecla but I can't remember her last name.

Also, there was a family friend whose name was Louis Burrei. He was also from Chicago..........
ldavia

Postby mfjp » 06 Feb 2005, 01:38

:?: http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 3487020165

According to a 1910 census, both Luigi and Tecla came over in 1906 but at different times as you can see on the manifest... (that's if it is the correct manifest)... and if this is the correct couple...

Name:   Luigi Davia Age in 1910:   30 Estimated birth year:   1879
Home in 1910:   4-WD CHICAGO, Cook, Illinois Race:   White
Gender:   Male Series:   T624 Roll:   243 Part:   2 Page:   157B
Year:   1910.

In 1910, they had a son Orlando age 1, Tecla was 21 years old, Luigi worked in a Carpentry shop.

Name:   Louis Burrei Age:   21 Estimated birth year:   abt 1909 Birthplace:   Italy Relation to head-of-house:   Head Spouse's Name:   Mary Burrei Race:   White (also Italian) Home in 1930:   Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Immigrated in 1920, but Mary in 1915.

Are these the family friends you ask about?
mfjp
Master
Master

Postby ldavia » 06 Feb 2005, 22:44

Correct!!!! Big help.....thanks...

Do you know if Luigi and/or Tecla had any brothers or sisters? It also appears that they had the same last name.

Thanks,

Louis A Davia
ldavia

Postby mfjp » 06 Feb 2005, 23:38

No...but I was hoping you knew!... Maybe you could check the other Davia manifests and start putting pieces together. Aren't there relatives you can ask questions?...

www.ellisisland.org

Just read James' reply and edited this message, as no film exists...

If I can find further info, I will certainly post.

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Postby JamesBianco » 07 Feb 2005, 03:09

I wish that the LDS had filmed Provincia di Belluno. My Da Via's and Burrei's must be related to you somehow. They are all from Pieve di Cadore. Trevisan2 is thinking of filming the church records for that town also, this would really help in establishing the relationship.

James
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby georgeb » 13 Apr 2013, 18:25

I know of Tecla and Louis Davia. Tecla's maiden name was, in fact, Davia. Or Da Via, depending on what record you see. Anyway, Tecla did have siblings, and my great grandmother Sylvia Davia is one of them. Sylvia married Valentino Burrei in Nebbiu di Cadore (next to Pieve di Cadore) and had 3 children. After Valentino died, she came to Chicaog and married Victor Bellazzini and had twins. They all settled in Chicago.
Another sister was Itala, who strangely also married a man named Davia (John) and had 3 children. (I have to believe that there were so many Davias that they were only distantly related.)
Other siblings of Tecla were Carlo, Bruno, and possibly Paula.

I would like to know more about Louis & Tecla's children. I have them as Hazel (1907), Orlando (1909), Inez (1912), and Romalie (1914).

George Bultmann
georgeb

Previous

21 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy