Guiseppi Pricolo and Rosolia Carvallo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
19 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

NEED HELP WITH ROSOLIA'S MUM'S MAIDEN NAME

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 28 Jun 2013, 23:13

adelfio wrote:Thank you Erudita

Death of Rosalia Carvallo
INDEX#11
1912 Aug 9 in the town of Saponara di Grumento at 4:15 PM in a house on via San Rocco #81 declared the death of Rosalia Carvallo age 76 farmer born in and residing Saponara di Grumento daughter of deceased Michelangelo Carvallo and deceased Palma lo Bovia?? widow of Giuseppe Pricolo
click for record keep clicking to enlarge

Marty

Could Rosolia’s mum’s surname possibly be De Novis? (De Novis doesn’t exactly sound very Italian?)

Can someone please look at Index No 42 Galante Salvatore and De Novis Rosolia marriage bann for me and compare that record with Index 11 Death Record (posted here) for Rosolia Carvallo. Palma’s surname (Rosolia’s mum) looks very much the same to me except they haven’t capitalized the “d” in “De Novis and the “e” looks more like a “u”?)

Link to Index No 42 Marriage Bann: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1211340491

I would appreciate some feedback please. Thanks, Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Guiseppi Pricolo and Rosolia Carvallo

Postby adelfio » 29 Jun 2013, 04:17

I think I is De Novi I think the s on the end is the way it is written in Grumento Nova

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Palma De Novi

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 29 Jun 2013, 07:01

Thanks Marty. It would certainly make more sense for the name to be “De Novi” rather than “De Novis”. (It still looks like “De Novis” to me though.) Interestingly, going through the birth records and now the Banns for Grumento Nova these two records have been the only ones in which I have come across this surname so it might not have been so common? Although I may also have missed any others that might be there while focussing on other threads – a strong possibility since I wasn’t really looking for this name? I will now be on the alert! Thanks again. Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

FRANCESCO PRICOLO (SON OF ALESSIO AND ANGIOLA ROSA CAIFANO)

Postby AngelaGrace56 » 27 Nov 2013, 03:19

AM WONDERING WHETHER ANYONE MAY HAVE FRANCESCO PRICOLO IN THEIR HISTORY :?:

FRANCESCO WAS BORN IN SAPONARA DI GRUMENTO ON 30 JANUARY 1833. HIS FATHER WAS ALESSIO AND HIS MOTHER WAS ANGIOLA ROSA CAIFANO. SO FAR I KNOW THAT HE HAD ONE SIBLING, A BROTHER, GIUSEPPE. THERE MAY HAVE BEEN OTHER SIBLINGS WHICH I AM YET TO FIND.

FROM MARRIAGE BANNS (1857) I HAVE LEARNED THAT FRANCESCO WAS TO MARRY ROSOLIA CAVALLO BUT I DON’T THINK THEY DID EVER MARRY. ROSOLIA BECAME ENGAGED TO HIS BROTHER GIUSEPPE ABOUT A YEAR LATER (1858), THEY MARRIED AND HAD SEVERAL CHILDREN, MOST OF WHICH DIED AS INFANTS, EXCEPT FOR TWO DAUGHTERS.

FRANCESCO PRICOLO: I DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO FRANCESCO AFTER DECEMBER 1857. TO DATE I HAVEN’T FOUND A DEATH RECORD FOR HIM (BUT WILL KEEP LOOKING AS I HAVE ONLY RECENTLY LEARNED OF HIM). HE POSSIBLY MOVED TO ANOTHER TOWN OR COUNTRY AND DIED THERE :?:

ANYWAYS, IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS FAMILY IN THEIR HISTORY AND KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO FRANCESCO THEN PLEASE POST 8) THANK YOU.

ANGELA
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Previous

19 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy