Vatolla, Italy Records - Melone Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
26 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Vatolla, Italy Records - Melone Family

Postby PippoM » 24 Sep 2013, 08:13

For the province of Salerno, the State Archives have records back to 1809 (maybe with some exception).
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical searches in Italy.
Translation of your old documents and letters.
Legal assistance for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 24 Sep 2013, 14:57

PippoM wrote:For the province of Salerno, the State Archives have records back to 1809 (maybe with some exception).

Hi Pippo

Il fondo ATTI DELLO STATO CIVILE conserva le seconde copie dei registri di nascita, di matrimonio, di morte, redatte dal 1809 al 1865 dai comuni della provincia. Sono presenti anche ALLEGATI ("processetti matrimoniali"). Si tratta di fedi parocchiali o di certificati di nascita degli sposi e di certificati di morte dei loro genitori presentati agli ufficiali di stato civile per predisporre la successiva stesura dell'atto. Rappresentano una fonte utile per risalire ad altri archivi che conservano tracce di antenati, alle località di provenienza e a dettagli utili alla ricostruzione genealogica. Gli atti sono liberamente consultabili presso la sala di studio dell'istituto

The Archivio retains the second copies of the registers of birth, marriage, death, written from 1809 to 1865 by the municipalities of the province. There are also ATTACHMENTS ("processetti double"). It is parocchiali faiths or birth certificates of the spouses and of their parents' death certificates presented to the registrars to prepare the next draft of the act. They are a useful source of back to other archives that preserve traces of ancestors, the place of origin and details useful for genealogical reconstruction. The documents are freely available at the study room of the institute

They will charge for records about 6.25 Euro for copying and postage and handling most Archivio will accept paypal as payment with instructions and tell you if the record you are searching for is there before payment is made

E-mail: as-sa@beniculturali.it
ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI SALERNO
Piazza Abate Conforti 7
84126 Salerno(SA)
Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby pm16 » 25 Sep 2013, 01:28

Thank you!
Regarding death records: Were they listed by the woman's maiden name or married name?
pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Postby pm16 » 25 Sep 2013, 02:18

Another translation please: Pascasia Pecora entry #22 death certificate. Thank you!
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :437371549
pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adelfio » 25 Sep 2013, 02:59

INDEX#22
1900 Dec 8th in the town of Perdifumo death of Pascasia Pecora age 83(1817) born in Perdifumo daughter of deceased Antonio Pecora and Orsola Gallo widow of Carmine Milone

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby pm16 » 25 Sep 2013, 06:06

Thank you Marty. I think I'm getting the hang of reading these. I think for this one, Teresa Vaccaro #10, she died on May 30,1898 at 85 years old. The widow of Angelo D'Ambrosio, but the writing is so sloppy I can't read the parent's names. Can you understand them? And is my translation correct?
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... F:70124974
pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Postby adelfio » 25 Sep 2013, 17:03

Teresa Vaccaro daughter of deceased Giuseppe Vaccaro and deceased Anna Catarozzo
If you looked through the record at the the way the record writer makes his t's you can figure out the name Catarozzo also della fu or fu means deceased in front of the name

You know that the declarants are not always relatives to the deceased person (They are the persons who declare the death at the beginning of the death act) The same go for the witnesses at the bottom they are witnesses to the signing of the act

Great work keep it up one day you will be helping some one else
:D
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Postby pm16 » 28 Sep 2013, 06:26

Thank you :D

I'm getting the hang of it, but the writing is so sloppy and the scripty writing is the worst! :)
pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Postby LMalonehaknasar » 30 Jan 2014, 09:26

My grandparents were Nicole Milone and Saveria Ventimiglia I would love to see who is in vatolla that is related... I met flora Ventimiglia and Orlando in 1999 but lost contact..I wish the bar they owned was still opened such a beautiful village
LMalonehaknasar

Postby LMalonehaknasar » 30 Jan 2014, 09:29

adelfio wrote:INDEX#22
1900 Dec 8th in the town of Perdifumo death of Pascasia Pecora age 83(1817) born in Perdifumo daughter of deceased Antonio Pecora and Orsola Gallo widow of Carmine Milone

Marty

LMalonehaknasar wrote:My grandparents were Nicole Milone and Saveria Ventimiglia I would love to see who is in vatolla that is related... I met flora Ventimiglia and Orlando in 1999 but lost contact..I wish the bar they owned was still opened such a beautiful village

PECORA another name I know!!!! How are we all related?
LMalonehaknasar

Postby pm16 » 03 Feb 2014, 01:50

Pacasia Pecora is my 3rd great-grandmother. She had a granddaughter named Rose Melone who was married to a Ventimiglia. She had a son named Nickie. When she remarried one of the witnesses was a Savaria Melone. I haven't found a Nicole Milone or Saveria Ventimiglia in my tree. Do you know of a Rose Melone Ventimiglia Corradino?
pm16
Rookie
Rookie

Previous

26 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy