Need to know more on Migliaccio Family please help!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jordantk

Re: Need to know more on Migliaccio Family please help!

Post by Jordantk »

Hi Suanj!

Thanks again for looking into this for me. but i'm a little confused about the draft cards. My ggfgrandfather was in WWI AND WWII? and the different spellings as well cassell vs cassel vs cassil..
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

The right italian name was Antonino CASILe; the surname was anglicized.. various versions.. for vaious records.. but on the marriage record the surname is correct:
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Marriage Index, 1885-1951 about Antonio Casile
Name: Antonio Casile
Spouse: Sarah Logue
Spouse Gender: Female
Marriage Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Marriage Year: 1916
Marriage License Number:
Digital GSU Number: 4140411

abt WWI and WWII he no made the wars, just drafted; you can read abt the WWII draft registration card here:

The U.S. officially entered World War II on 8 December 1941 following an attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Just about a year before that, in October 1940, President Roosevelt had signed into law the first peacetime selective service draft in U.S. history, due to rising world conflicts. After the U.S. entered WWII a new selective service act required that all men between ages 18 and 65 register for the draft. Between November 1940 and October 1946, over 10 million American men were registered. This database is an indexed collection of the draft cards from the Fourth Registration, the only registration currently available to the public (the other registrations are not available due to privacy laws). The Fourth Registration, often referred to as the "old man's registration", was conducted on 27 April 1942 and registered men who born on or between 28 April 1877 and 16 February 1897 - men who were between 45 and 64 years old - and who were not already in the military. Information available on the draft cards includes:
Name of registrant
Birthplace
Residence
Employer information
Name and address of person who would always know the registrant's whereabouts
Physical description of registrant (race, height, weight, eye and hair colors, complexion)
Additional information such as mailing address (if different from residence address), serial number, order number, and board registration information may also be available.

similar explanation also for WWI draft registration cards...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Jordantk

Post by Jordantk »

thanks so much!
Cassell50

Post by Cassell50 »

This was my grandfather he was born in Calabria a town called anoia.
His parents were Dominic and Carolina
Mothers maiden name Laquaniti.
Jordantk

Post by Jordantk »

Hi! If Antonio is your grandfather, then we are related. Would you mind emailing me? I would love to talk to you about this side of the family. I don't know much because my grandfather died when I was young. My email is jordankelso@comcast.net . I look forward to speaking with you soon. :)