Any information on Surname Citriniti from Pentone, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj
Master
Master

Re: Any information on Surname Citriniti from Pentone, Italy

Post by vj »

Hi Lucy, thanks for the clarification :D .

1st papers (Declaration of Intention to become a US Citizen) was part of Antonio's naturalization process to become a citizen.
It was a question on several of the census.
Not sure if finding Antonio's naturalization paperwork would lead you to his manifest, but it might.
As a general rule, naturalization was a two-step process that took a minimum of 5 years.
After residing in the United States for 2 years, an alien could file a "declaration of intent" (so-called "first papers") to become a citizen.
After 3 additional years, the alien could "petition for naturalization." After the petition was granted, a certificate of citizenship was issued to the alien.
These two steps did not have to take place in the same court. As a general rule, the "declaration of intent" generally contains more genealogically useful information than the "petition."
The "declaration" may include the alien's month and year (or possibly the exact date) of immigration into the United States.
From: http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/natur ... ml#process

---

Like you, I couldn't find Filomena on any of Antonio's census records.
I did find an interesting one in Yonkers in 1930 though.
If it's your Filomena, I'm guessing it will raise more questions than it will answer.

interesting 1930 census

Home in 1930:
236 Blackford Ave
Yonkers, Westchester, New York

Head Tony Marcuccilli 52, abt 1878 IT
- 1st marriage age 23, abt 1901?
Wife Regena (Virginia? Vincenza?) Marcuccilli 40, abt 1890 IT
- 1st marriage age 19, abt 1909?
(Children born in NY & Indiana)
Fredie Marcuccilli 22
George Marcuccilli 21
Ralph Marcuccilli 18
Joseph Marcuccilli 16
Anna Marcuccilli 14
Elizabeth Marcuccilli 12
Frank Marcuccilli 10
Salvatore Marcuccilli 4
Tonny Marcuccilli 1
Joseph R Marcuccilli 1
Mother-in-law Falmaria (Filomena?) Rozzatte 76, abt 1854 IT

Note: Regina may not have been Tony's 1st wife...
---

I did find a possible 1893 ship manifest for Antonio, but the details just aren't complete enough to know if it's the correct one.

possible 1893 manifest
7 Jul 1893, SS Kronprinz Friedrich Wilhelm, Naples to NY
Line 655
Anto. Risetta 23
- last residence Sersale
- destination NY

Valarie
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Filomena (Esposito Bonita) Rizzetta
I think this is Filomena’s manifest:

1905 manifest

3 Jul 1905, SS IL Piemont (Piemonte), Napoli to NY
Line 26
Filomena Abbonati 56, abt 1849
- last residence Sersale
- joining son Antonio in Williamsbridge, NY (Bronx County)

Note: line 25 above Filomena, Salvatore Borselli joining his cousin Antonio Rizzetta? at the same address

And 1905 same manifest, special inquiry page
---

A few directories from NY:

Antonio Rizzetta

Williamsbridge NY

Business: 3601 Holland Ave
Home 708 E 215th

708 E 215th

708 E 215th
LilyMagic

Post by LilyMagic »

Yes this must be her!!! She did come to join her son Antonio and they lived in the Williamsbridge section of the Bronx. I will have to go to the Ellis site and try to print off this thank you so much
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Lucy,
I'm so glad we could find her manifest!
Valarie
LilyMagic

Post by LilyMagic »

thanks so much for all the info you sent. First Teresa Calabrese (Grandma) I still have nothing on her other than the census. I know she had to come sometime prior to 1895 since she and grandpa had a baby in NY (they werent married at the time). I know she lived in Peekskill with her sister Concetta and Concetta's husband I think his name was Nicola but no idea of his last name.

Now on good old Filomena boy is that a bit confusing. We were always told that her madien name was Esposito. I did find her birth info on the Sersale site and she is listed as Esposito, no mothers name listed and of course father unknown.

The on the Sersale site I have her and my greatgranfather getting married in 1866 and she is listed as Filomena Esposito Bondati (no idea where the Bondati comes from) I couldnt print off the ships orignal manifest from Ellis ( you used to be able to do that) and to find a "cousin" No one ever mentioned this. It gives me another avenue to search, I guess I will have to pay the $ and join Ancestry so I could locate some info on him,

The census you sent on Filomena (first one I have seen with her "name" is confusing too if it is her the address is only a few blocks away from where my grandfather lived so is this Regina a daughter??? I will have to check further into this too.

I really appreciated the info you send me from that imageshack, I was able to print off 2 of the 4 the other 2 wouldnt fit on the paper to print and I couldnt shrink it down. Thanks so much I feel like I am on my way
Lucy
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Lucy :D ,
It's great that you've got new leads to track down.
Hopefully the Bondati connection will help too - perhaps adopted parents?
Please let us know if you get stuck again!
Valarie
gentilejoy@yahoo.com
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gentilejoy@yahoo.com »

This reply may be a bit late in coming since I am just reading these notes re: Pentone surnames (above post). In doing my own research, I have found that there were several communities in the U.S. where Pentonesi 1st settled circa late 1800s early 1900s. Those being in New York City-the Bronx, Peekskill, Haverstraw, Cortlandt in Westchester County-NY and in Pittsburgh, PA. Much later around the mid 20th century, outside of the US, in Toronto, Canada.