Sorrentino da Poggio Marino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
20 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Sorrentino da Poggio Marino

Postby raisinette2063 » 27 May 2009, 22:46

Mike, Hi Again! Yes, Bob has 2 sisters, Jodi and Debi (both now living in Florida) and also 2 younger brothers David and (Gary also living in Florida).I can remember Aunt Marion and Aunt Phyl. I was glad to see your posting with the dates that Salvatore and Santo arrived into the US, and where they came from. I'm doing the family tree thing on ancestry.com. Do you have any pictures of your Grandfather? How did you end up out in LA? Bob said to say HELLO!

Talk to you soon.......Patti
raisinette2063

Postby amiamoItlaia » 28 May 2009, 03:31

Patti and Bob,

This is all too weird. Okay, so I was getting a headache trying to figure out why I had absolutely no recollection of an Aunt Marie. Doing what any guy should do when he's confused... I called my Mom!

She straightened me out about Aunt Dolly and Uncle Bob! Who by the way came to California in 1991 to my wedding!!!! See enclosed picture. The kid in the photo is my younger brother Andy. I can't explain well enough about what fun it was to have them here. My wife Heidi took to them instantly. Uncle Bob was such a kind, sweet man and Aunt Dolly was 100 percent real and just so sincere about everything. She made us an afghan that we still have and use to this day! They got such a kick of being out here in California and it was really special for us too.

Alright, let's get this thing going. We need to exchange phone numbers and emails. I don't have any pictures of Grandpa, but I will ask my older brother Joe (still in Buffalo) to see if he has any. When my Dad passed, I came back to Buffalo and saw our cousin Roseanne and asked her about old photos or family information. Aunt Delores had also recently died and she was very sad about it and said that she couldn't help because it was still too painful. I'd love to help out with the family tree any way I can.
Love,

Mike and Heidi
Yes, I misspelled Italia!
amiamoItlaia

Postby AndrewK » 28 May 2009, 15:46

My grandmother's maiden name is Sorrentino. She also had a brother Santo. He drowned in a lake accident when they were teenagers. She did not grow up in Buffalo as far as I can tell. They lived in West New York, NJ and she had three other brothers: Louis, Joseph and Neil. They traced there family to near/in Napoli.
AndrewK

Postby raisinette2063 » 29 May 2009, 01:34

Mike and Heidi, I totally forgot that my Mother-in-law was called Dolly! No wonder you were confused. Bob & I love the picture...My E-Mail Address is raisinette2063@yahoo.com.
raisinette2063

Postby amiamoItlaia » 03 Jun 2009, 03:11

AndrewK,

Keep digging. Sorrentino and Sorrento are VERY common names from the area around Napoli.

Do you have your Grandmothers first name and any dates for her birth or death you can share?

Ciao.
Yes, I misspelled Italia!
amiamoItlaia

Previous

20 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Italian Genealogy