Cavello

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
19 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Cavello

Postby suanj » 02 Nov 2010, 18:09

palmgps wrote:You had indicated that you were looking for Carione or Carrione from Cavella. I am looking for Donato Cirone or Donatantonio Cirone from Cavella. He came to the United States in 1903, traveling to Pittston, PA.
I was thinking that he traveled from Pittston, PA to Derry, PA where he at some point married Carmella (Camilla) Bruno and fathered 4 children when he was run over and killed by a train in Derry in 1918.

Mary

Hi Mary,
Donatantonio CIRONE son of Giuseppe CIRONE and Felicia MAZZIOTTA, was born in Calvello the 28 sep 1879
here the birth act #138
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6980/cirone.jpg
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby palmgps » 02 Nov 2010, 23:29

suanj wrote:
palmgps wrote:You had indicated that you were looking for Carione or Carrione from Cavella. I am looking for Donato Cirone or Donatantonio Cirone from Cavella. He came to the United States in 1903, traveling to Pittston, PA.
I was thinking that he traveled from Pittston, PA to Derry, PA where he at some point married Carmella (Camilla) Bruno and fathered 4 children when he was run over and killed by a train in Derry in 1918.

Mary

Hi Mary,
Donatantonio CIRONE son of Giuseppe CIRONE and Felicia MAZZIOTTA, was born in Calvello the 28 sep 1879
here the birth act #138
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6980/cirone.jpg
regards,
suanj
Thank you for the information. He is not the Donato for whom I was looking. Oh well. My Donato Cirone was born 3/3/1883 somewhere in Italy. He married someone named Carmella Bruno. She was form Basillicata.
Mary
palmgps

Postby suanj » 03 Nov 2010, 06:40

palmgps wrote:I located the manifest on Ellisisland.org
Donatantonio Cirone,
ship: Roma,
2/26/1903
last residence: Calvello, Italy
destination: Pittston, PA
24 years old
father Guiseppi (spelling?) already there

I have nothing else. I am trying to determine from where in Italy, Donato Cirone came. His first child was born around 1911/12 in Derry, PA.

your ancestor, by the ship manifest was born in 1879... age 24 in 1903.. coming from Calvello; joining at father Giuseppe ...

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0025

so maybe the ship's manifest is abt another Donato Cirone????

however in Calvello nobody Donato or Donatantonio Cirone was born in 1883
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby andrea_luikart » 08 Aug 2011, 20:22

Can I ask you what you have found in your searches on the name Carrione? Who on your pedigree chart has the last name of Carrione?

I am searching the same exact thing. Carrione from Cavello. Any of your insight would be helpful.
andrea_luikart

Previous

19 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to Locations in Italy