I Just Beat the 1948 Rule

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
110 posts • Page 8 of 81 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Re: I Just Beat the 1948 Rule

Postby dojo » 27 Apr 2014, 01:18

Thank you DRuss for your quick reply… Information was very helpful.
dojo

Postby ignacio » 11 Aug 2014, 00:43

Just want to share my experience working with Luigi Paiano. I am Italian from my mother’s side, my great grandfather emigrated from Piedmont to Argentina in late XIX century, gave birth to my grandmother who then gave birth to my mother. It was surprising for us to learn that even though my great grandfather was given the Commendatore order by the Italian Embassy and that my grandmother’s brothers were all Italian citizens, my mother and her sons could not apply for citizenship via the consulate. We could have applied for other European citizenships like that of Spain, Malta or Ireland but we had a preference for Italy.

As we are all fluent in Italian in my family and have a number of Italian friends it was quite easy to reach to several lawyers in Italy; some of them quite large firms in Milano and other large cities. However, at the time very few had handled this sort of cases, even though many were bragging about their experience. When I got to talk to Luigi Paiano I liked his honesty when he said he had only filed one case and won it. I sent all of our documents in late 2009 and Luigi filed in early 2010. I received an answer by mid 2012. After that there was a six month wait for all the registration process in our comuna in Piedmont. When my brother, my mother and I each went to the consulate to obtain our passports the staff were very happy to finally process our applications.

I totally recommend the services of Luigi Paiano, he is very professional, knowledgeable and responsive.
ignacio

Postby tuper16 » 11 Aug 2014, 08:19

Congratulations Ignacio! I am very happy for you and your family. Being an Italo-Argentinean myself, and having applied to Italian Citizenship due similar family and cultural ties, I can imagine the happiness and pride that the judicial decision gave to you.
All the best,
tuper16
tuper16

Postby jennabet » 11 Aug 2014, 18:12

Yes, there are many Italo-Argentinians who have returned to Italy. After I was recognized by the Philadelphia consulate in 2001, I returned to live in Italy and attended an Italian language course. Some of my class mates were newly arrived Italo-Argentinians. Of course, as native Spanish speakers, they learned Italian faster than I did even though my immediate family in the US spoke fluent Italian as all four of my grand-parents were born and raised in Italy.
jennabet
Master
Master

Postby Aeloza » 27 Aug 2014, 01:47

ignacio wrote:Just want to share my experience working with Luigi Paiano. I am Italian from my mother’s side, my great grandfather emigrated from Piedmont to Argentina in late XIX century, gave birth to my grandmother who then gave birth to my mother. It was surprising for us to learn that even though my great grandfather was given the Commendatore order by the Italian Embassy and that my grandmother’s brothers were all Italian citizens, my mother and her sons could not apply for citizenship via the consulate. We could have applied for other European citizenships like that of Spain, Malta or Ireland but we had a preference for Italy.

As we are all fluent in Italian in my family and have a number of Italian friends it was quite easy to reach to several lawyers in Italy; some of them quite large firms in Milano and other large cities. However, at the time very few had handled this sort of cases, even though many were bragging about their experience. When I got to talk to Luigi Paiano I liked his honesty when he said he had only filed one case and won it. I sent all of our documents in late 2009 and Luigi filed in early 2010. I received an answer by mid 2012. After that there was a six month wait for all the registration process in our comuna in Piedmont. When my brother, my mother and I each went to the consulate to obtain our passports the staff were very happy to finally process our applications.

I totally recommend the services of Luigi Paiano, he is very professional, knowledgeable and responsive.

Hola Ignacio!!! Tengo mucho interés en saber qué pasó una vez que te llego la sentencia definitiva. Cuales fueron los pasos siguiente?? Como te presentaste al Consulado para obtener el pasaporte y registrarte como ciudadano?? Gracias! Toda la info es super bienvenida (inclusive en ingles!!) Un abrazo!
Aeloza

Previous

110 posts • Page 8 of 81 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship