just a quick one

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Lucap
Master
Master

Re: just a quick one

Post by Lucap »

If they are just like you received them, there is no difference.

Ciao
Luca
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

John

If you get a chance to go back to your FHC maybe you can take a photo of the entire document so it can be posted or if you have already taken a photo of the entire document just email it to me and I'll post it here.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello elizabeth and luca, i could not photo the entire document on my phone. i just picked out words i did not understand. it said casa rurale a sannacocca. i thought it might be a village near cassino under the juristriction of cassino or possibly the name of the farm or house. kind regards, john
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello again, i will try and write it out. ed a dichiarato che la siessa e nata da maddalena savo sua ligitimate wife di anni venticinque domiciliata une so e da lui ---==2nd open image-- di anni ---3rd open image--- di professione ---4th open image--- domicilianto ---4th open image---- nel giorno serannove del suddetto mese alle ore quattre nella casa rurale a sannacocca, it is quite close. any help appriciated, regards, john
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

Maybe...
jolynn wrote: ed ha dichiarato che la stessa è nata da Maddalena Savo sua legittima moglie di anni venticinque domiciliata seco lui [con lui] ==2nd image--- come sopra di anni venticinque ---3rd open image--- di professione ---4th open image--- come sopra domiciliato ---4th open image---- nel giorno diciannove del suddetto mese alle ore quattro nella casa rurale a Sannacocca
Luca
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello all, could anyone translate what luca has written, thankyou, regards, john
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Here you are...

and declared that the same was born to Maddalena Savo his legitimate wife, aged 25, living with him ==2nd image--- as above aged 25 ---3rd open image--- occupation ---4th open image--- as above living ---4th open image---- on day 19 of the above said month at 4:00 in the rural house at Sannacocca
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thankyou for that livio, that leaves the big question, were is sannacocca or sannacocce? any help appriciated, regards, john
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

jolynn wrote:thankyou for that livio, that leaves the big question, were is sannacocca or sannacocce? any help appriciated, regards, john
I believe that the only way to find the correct spelling is to view the full document... :cry:
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello livio, the scan of the word is further up this thread. i understand the reason why you need the full document but what other meaning could the word have, it says in the rural house at sannacocce, i wish i could copy the full document but the FHL in grimsby don,t have the means to copy documents, just to read them. thankyou for your help and any further help or idea,s would be appriciated, kind regards, john
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Ok John here are the new more complete images.

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thankyou elizabeth, i have sent you a p.m. kind regards, john
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

... ed ha dichiarato che
la stessa è nata da Pasqua Ma-
randola sua moglie legittima
di anni 40
professione contadina
domiciliata in detto Comune
e da lui dichiarante

... alle ore
24 nella casa di
propria abitazione.
Lo stesso ha inoltre dichiarato di dare
alla feminella il nome di
Rosa

La presentazione e dichiarazione anzidetta si è fatta alla pre-
senza di Don Vincenzo ...(!)
di professione proprietario regnicolo
domiciliato in San Germano(!) e di Francesco
... di professione guardia civile regnicolo
domiciliato in ... testimoni intervenuti al pre-
sente atto e da esso signor ... ... prodotti.
Il presente atto è stato letto al dichiarante ed ai testimoni
e lo si è firmato da noi e testimoni avendo il
dichiarante detto di non saper scrivere

Luca
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thankyou luca, could someone please translate into english what luca has written under the last three images, it will be greatly appriciated, thankyou, regards, john
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

.. and he declared that the same (child) was born of Pasqua Marandola his legitimate wife, 40 years old, farmer by profession, resident in this town and of the declarant.

...at 24:00 (midnight) in (their) house in their own bedroom. The same person declared that the female childe was given the name of Rosa.

The presentation and declaration written above was made in the presence of Don Vincenzo.. (land)owner in the kingdom by profession
resident in San Germano and of Francesco
...civil guard of the kingdom by profession
resident in...witnesses interviewed at this present act and of this gentleman...prodotti (?)

The present act was read to the declarant and to the witnesses and it was signed by us and the witnesses having said that the declarant does not know how to write.