Birth Act

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Another Birth Act

Post by phishfood »

Suanj,

Thanks so much for doing this. I really appreciate it. I have Luigi's birth act that is harder to read the script. I have not scanned this one in yet. If I send it through e-mail would it be possible to read this one too?

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Another Birth Act

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:Suanj,

Thanks so much for doing this. I really appreciate it. I have Luigi's birth act that is harder to read the script. I have not scanned this one in yet. If I send it through e-mail would it be possible to read this one too?

Kim
Hi Kim, sure!
As you know I help many people, and my large italian culture is the best option!

Take care, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Luigi's Birth Act

Post by phishfood »

I hope I did this right. Let me know. If it did not work can I just e-mail it to you? If it did work, when you translate, what is all the handwritten info. on the side? Just curious.

Kim

http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luigi4qo.jpg

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/1737/luigi4qo.jpg
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Luigi's Birth Act

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:I hope I did this right. Let me know. If it did not work can I just e-mail it to you? If it did work, when you translate, what is all the handwritten info. on the side? Just curious.

Kim

http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luigi4qo.jpg

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/1737/luigi4qo.jpg
The year 1887 the day 18 of December month, to hours 4.00 P.M. and minutes-(zero), Federico Colas... Secretary delegated from the Major by act of 5 May 1882,.....(illegible) Official of Civil records in Civitella Casanova, is apparead Marrone Feliceantonio of age 30, farmer profession, domicilied in Veste... fraction (hamleth), that it declare me that in hours 4.00 A. M. of 14 (day) current month, in house in Torre della Vella district to number: without, and from Di Costanzo Carmela legitimate wife, farmer profession, with he inhabitant, it is born an child of male sex that he present to me(it is an burocracy phrase) and that he give the first name of Luigi.
To all above mentioned and to this act are present as withnesses Di Tullio Michele of 46 age farmer and Di Tullio Giovanni of 56 age both resident in this Common.
Reading this act to all interested persons, it is no signed having declared that they are illetterates....
Federico Colas....
-------------------
To border:
act number 174
Luigi Marrone
With rectifying made in 28..1907 where it read "Feliciantonio first name of the father, it must read: Francescantonio, and where it read Di Costanzo Carmela, it must read: Di Costanzo Maria Carmela"
Teramo 12.. 1907

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Birth Act

Post by phishfood »

Suanj,

Thank You so much. My family members will be thrilled!!!!

Kim
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

Quick question. It says on Luigi's birth act that he was born on December 18th. On his letter of intent for immigration and all his US records it says he was born on December 13th. So in the U.S. could this be human error on his birthday? Maybe mistaken a 3 for an 8??? What do you think?

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

no, no Kim, in 18 was the birth registration, the birth was in 14 dec... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Post by phishfood »

suanj,

Still could it be human error? We have on U.S. records fromhis immigration that he was born December 13th. I know it is only 1 day off but still could it be a mistake from someone in the U.S.???

Kim
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:suanj,

Still could it be human error? We have on U.S. records fromhis immigration that he was born December 13th. I know it is only 1 day off but still could it be a mistake from someone in the U.S.???

Kim
the italian birthact is right and is wrote" quattordici del corrente mese= 14 of current month", and most probable the error is on USA record... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH