*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Photo's 1890's

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
34 posts • Page 3 of 31, 2, 3

Re: Photo's 1890's

Postby LoisM » 28 Feb 2010, 04:36

Just when you think you got it all figured out...

BAM!!! another mystery presents itself...lol

Makes life and the search even more exciting!

After all you could be alone collecting cats instead of old family photos if things were different.....

Lois M.
LoisM
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sal4 » 28 Feb 2010, 17:06

Suanj just pm me again and states that the photographers were poor back then also and would not have the means to clothe everyone that came in to get their picture taken.........Thank You Suanj.......So I really feel now that my question has been answered.....YEA........
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Feb 2010, 23:02

No matter how impoverished people were in family settings they always had the presence of mind to maintain their dignity fo baptisms, weddings, funerals and meeting with social superiors and authorities. This "politica" made the difference between being poor and being poor without social conscience. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby LoisM » 08 Mar 2010, 18:34

PeterTimber wrote:No matter how impoverished people were in family settings they always had the presence of mind to maintain their dignity fo baptisms, weddings, funerals and meeting with social superiors and authorities. This "politica" made the difference between being poor and being poor without social conscience. =Peter=
People sure don't act that way now!
LoisM
Rookie
Rookie

Previous

34 posts • Page 3 of 31, 2, 3

Return to Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy