Family Search Records

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Family Search Records

Post by liviomoreno »

Well, Today I received also the following written answer:

"Gentile signor Livio Moreno,
grazie per aver contattato Family Search Support.
Infatti lei ha ragione; adesso le facciamo avere un link ove può guardare le immagini
nel sito degli archivi italiani http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/
se avesse ancora bisogno di ulteriori informazioni non esiti a contattarci e saremo
lieti di risponderle.
Distinti saluti Famili Search Support"

which translates:

"Dear Mr Livio Moreno,
Thanks for contacting the Family Search Support.
Indeed you are correct; now we provide you with a link where you can see the images in the site of the Italian archives http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/
should you still need additional information don't hesitate to contact us and we well be glad to answer.
Yours sincerely, Famili Search Support "

I checked Catanzaro and the images are NOT there...
NO COMMENTS :evil:
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:(
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

:? :? :?
:( :( :( :(

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I finally got an official answer on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FamilySearchIn ... ed_comment
" Ci dispiace per il disagio e riconfermiamo che le immagini degli Archivi di Stato, come da accordo con la Direzione Generale per gli Archivi, saranno visibili solo sul portale degli Antenati. Sempre secondo l'accordo siglato, le immagini non possono essere scaricate."
"We are sorry for the inconvenience and we confirm that the images of the State Archives, according to the agreement with the Direzione Generale per gli Archivi, will be visible only on the
portale degli Antenati (http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/il-portale). And based on that agreement the images cannot be downloaded."
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:cry:
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

It's interesting to note that when I logged into Family Search yesterday morning I noticed they updated the Catanzaro Records - but you still can't view them! So annoying - they should just take down the listing.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

nuccia wrote:It's interesting to note that when I logged into Family Search yesterday morning I noticed they updated the Catanzaro Records - but you still can't view them! So annoying - they should just take down the listing.
I agree with you, Nuccia. I don't understand why these listings are being placed on familysearch and yet you can't access the records from there. I am very disappointed about the state archives from Bari province, although I viewed the records for my ancestral town from that province on the microfilms years ago. I also don't understand why the following website has not been updated since May.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/

If you click on sfoglia i registri on this website, five of the archives which were originally on family search are viewable there, but now you can no longer download or print the images. I thought the rest of the state archives being listed on family search would ultimately be added to this other website, but nothing seems to be happening with that.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Yes, I noticed that too. I check the site often but no updating. And it seems renting and waiting films to arrive from the LDS is taking longer than ever. I even have records sent from the archives but am not allowed to put them up due to 'copyright' (their words) yet the latest year I have is 1865. I can however extract them.. Not sure why...
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I suppose the reason why the all collections are listed is essentially technical. I think pages that are shown are the same for all users (anonymous, registered, and church members). Then, access to collections is given on the basis of user's profile, that makes the difference.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.