Gertrude has been found!

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Gertrude has been found!

Post by jancrowe »

Hey All
I am so happy to hear all the good news "happiness and Luck is contagious" :D :D :D

Sorry to have been away for so long but was sick and in bed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ........nasty allergies (then infection) plus still recovering from car accident in January.

We are booked on a 3:30pm flight from Syracuse to Las Vegas on May 18th then will drive to Silver Springs. Wanted to do it for this weekend but trying to get travel plans, money for flights, pets taken care of on top of being ill was too much so worked it out from the 18th to the 23rd.

There has been so much coming forth from Donna, (wayne's sister) her last name is Sanno that they were two months with Brian etc in Montreal then he went to Long Island for a week afterwards. He took Wayne back with him so Gertrude could look for a place for them to live. Later he wrote her saying that he wasn't coming to the States. :evil: :evil: :twisted:

I am taking a notebook and a tape recorder to get all this stuff down and will be taking lots and lots of pictures to share with all of you. :wink:

I will be staying on for awhile have to do Payroll stuff but will keep an eye out.
I am so happy that all worked out well Lisa :P and Nuccia congratulations :!: :!:
Hugs and love
Janice
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Everyone!

I made a mistake...next weekend is the long weekend... :oops:

Jen and I had a girl day yesterday..manicure and pedicure...the works. We then came home and slept! Miserable and rainy day and will be for the whole weekend! She still wasn't feeling all that great but at least was better.

I'm off to check my emails and then to work.

Talk to you all tonight!

Nuccia :D
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Ah - a girl day sounds nice. I have two boys - so girl days are well and truly out. A manicure is when my nails don't get broken by catching a football kicked at me while I stand in terror in goals :? Those balls are hard......

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Marisa,

I have 2 boys as well so I know what you mean! Jesse came home for dinner the othe night and had cuts all over his face and torn pants and his hands wer black! Yet he was smiling as if he had just won some award or something! He went to play hockey, football basketball and then had to go to tae kwn do. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Tonight will be hard for him since its raining...I don't know how I'm going to entertain him. Thankfully there's a fusball table downstairs or else he'll go nuts! I've caught him rollerblading in the basement last week! The older one is a computer freak so I know where he is all the time!

Late as usually these days!

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

Girls day sounds good

My daughter won't go with me cause little girl baby doesn't like driving in the car. When she is old enough Grandma gets to take her to get her ears pierced as neither parent can handle watching that kind of stuff.

Have finalized travel plans we leave Syracuse at 3:30pm the 18th to Atlanta then arrive in Vegas at 8:12pm(their time) have a car rented and will drive to Silver Springs. (I watch too many horror films and CSI episodes) Have asked Bill (Wayne's brother) for the most direct route and nice Motels in case we get tired.

Must go for now and feed the kids
back later
Janice
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Folks

Nuccia - mine have never rollerbladed in the basement - but only because I don't have one!!! Peter has a bad habit of playing football in my living room when he thinks I can't see him which drives me crazy :evil:

Janice - I watch all those programs too! As a result I don't like flying, won't go on a boat, scan the horizon for tidal waves whenever I sit on a beach, expect any train I am on to be derailed and generally look for disasters everywhere :D Telly should carry a health warning!!

I'm off to bed now. Spent much of the afternoon with Cameron at a diabetes clinic which was a bit draining. However - its not all that bad. Found out today he has MODY - or Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young. Apparently its quite rare, and has a genetic link, but mercifully so far seems quite mild. Thank you God and St Anthony again!!

Nighty night

Marisa :wink:
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Ladies,

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose neurotic! :lol: :lol: :lol: I can set myself up for anything that will cause me to be admitted into the pysch ward!

I'm glad you're Cameron will be fine. We need to change the name of this thread to Gertrude has been found/Good News Only Allowed!

For Everyone...

jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

hello again

Just a word of warning to anyone who decides to use priceline.com name your own price don't unless you are planning a straight flight.

Got my tickets from Syracuse to Vegas then find out it is an 8hr drive (don't want to lose time with Gertrude and family) so they were nice enough to cancel the car rental and we switched it to Reno. :)

Thought did alright on the first tickets get connecting flight to Reno as well
they put us on a 6:10 AM flight out of Vegas to Reno on the 18th like 14hours before we get there. :? Called them right away when we saw the time and were told basically "TOO BAD SO SAD!!!" 8O :cry: :cry: even the airline wouldn't and couldn't change them so wasted $243.00 and had to spend another $250.00 to get on a flight at the right time (southwest air Direct) :cry:

This is the e-mail that I sent them

"I am writing to you to vent.

I purchased tickets from you on May 10,2006 #317-577-731-01 from Syracuse to Las Vegas the arrival time in Vegas is 8:12PM then today at 9:43pm I purchased round trip tickets from vegas to Reno. #335-164-441-68 it was stipulated that it had to be an evening flight. When my tickets came on screen they had me going from Vegas to Reno at 6:10AM 9Hours before I leave Syracuse.

This trip is to reunite a Mother (83yrs old) and (Son 54yrs) that have been separated for over 52 years!!!

I only found this Mother 2 weeks ago and was trying to get them together as quickly and as frugally as possible

Your company has no compassion!! I attempted to reach a supervisor several times to no avail I tried to get United to change the flight time but couldn't do this without your help. Help you refused to give.

Now it has cost me more money but I have a flight to reno

***************************** COST *****************************
Total for 2 Passenger(s)
AIR: ........................$ 213.96
TAX: ........................$ 22.64
PFC FEE: ....................$ 9.00
SECURITY FEE: ...............$ 5.00

through Southwest Air.

Somehow I don't think that William Shatner nor Leonard Nimoy would think your treatment of a consumer in this situation was fair or compassionate.

I will be sending a copy of this letter to whomever I can think of.

Janice Crowe

Disappointed Customer"

Back at ya'll tomorrow must go to bed my head is pounding
Love to all
Janice :wink:
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Oh Janice,

That's terrible! :evil: I wouldn't give up either if I were you. Are they part of The Better Bussiness Bureau? Or better yet, contact the news...You have all this to back you...great human interest story and very poor customer service on the part of the airline. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You figure since all the trouble the airlines have had since 911 and all the advertising to attract customers they would at the very least provide good service...

I'm sending you a PM...Sleep well and relax..This is the good news only post so have faith that good will come out of all of this, too.

Hugs
Nuccia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Jan......sorry to hear news of the airline.......but.........the reunion is around the corner!!!!!!!!! :D

I can't wait to see pics of Wayne and Gertrude.......

wishing you all the best!!!!!!

Lisa
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

"I can't wait to see pics of Wayne and Gertrude.."

me too Lisa! best wishes Janice! suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

Hello All

Just to let you know that by this time tomorrow we will almost be in Reno
In the morning though have to go to the Grandson's Spring Concert then pull quills from the big boy then it is off to Syracuse.

Have something here that you may all be interested in seeing though
will have more when we get back next week
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4214 ... ohn3ia.jpg

Thank you all again and love to you all

Janice :D :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Gertude is lovely....give her my very best wishes!!!!!!!
Hope the re-union is memorable for you all!!!!!!!!
Will be waiting with anticipation till your return..... :wink:
wldspirit
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

I most certainly will

just finished putting photos on disk to take with me, takes up less room than photo albums.

Wayne is spending the night with our daughter and she should be charging her Apple so I can watch movies in the air. I have 5 movies that I haven't had time to watch two books and a bag of gum to take with me. Can't tell I don't like flying much huh??

Will try to check in on Bill's computer while I'm there.
We are going to try to get to see both Sid Smith and Lt. Vandalinda while we are there as well.

Night to all it is time to finish packing and head to bed
love and hugs
Janice
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Ah - Gertrude looks really nice! I don't like flying either - just sink a couple of large glasses of wine - it always works for me :D

Good luck and God bless!

Marisa xx