Bianchi, Eugene My Grandfather Northern Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suewells

Bianchi, Eugene My Grandfather Northern Italy

Post by suewells »

Eugene Bianchi DOB 1864 was my Grandfather I know he had a falling out with his family in Northern Italy/Tuscany area and Emmigrated to the US when he was a "young man" he lived most of his life in Oakland California with my Grandmother Rosalia Pipitone Bianchi, they had four children Elivia, Eugene, Rose and Frances (my mother). I am currently trying to obtain our family records to see if I can find more information. I am attempting to find info for him at the Ellis Island Website and the Mormon Church Website but it is hard to determine who is who since I am not sure of where exactly he lived prior to emmigrating. I have found info regarding his wife, my grandmother at Ellis Island and in the 1930 Census. Eugene Bianchi is listed in this Census too. I believe he died a few years later. Any information regarding his origins or family will be greatfully accepted.
Sue Wells
Houston, Texas
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Bianchi, Eugene My Grandfather Northern Italy

Post by ptimber »

There are 2 Eugenio Bianchi coming into the USA in 1887 and 1888 and were aged 25 and 21, respectively. Both came on the same ship La Champagna out of Le Havre and the 25 year old was listed as a Framer and the 21 as a minor but neither is listed with a town of origin in Italy. Their birth year by subtracting arrival dates are 1862 and 1867 which differs from your birth date. What steps have you alrerady taken to find the town of origin, You don't say???? so why reinvent the wheel. Peter
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

suewells wrote:Eugene Bianchi DOB 1864......Any information regarding his origins or family will be greatfully accepted.
Hi,

I found Eugene Bianchi and family in the 1920 and 1930 Federal Census in Oakland, CA. I also found a ship's manifest that I believe is him. The information follows:

Name: Eugene Bianchi
Arrival Date: 15 Oct 1888
Port of Departure: Le Havre, France
Destination: New York
Place of Origin: Italy
Ship Name: La Bourgogne
Port of Arrival: New York
Line: 1
Microfilm Roll: 526
List Number: 1407

Do you have Eugene's Death Date? If not, do you know where he is buried? If you do, call the cemetery and ask for his death date and then you can try to write for his death certificate. If the informant filled it out properly, the town in Italy might be listed.

Do you have Eugene's Naturalization papers? If not, do a search on google for Naturalization records in Oakland, CA and get the number and address of either the Archives or the Prothonotary Department. Ask them how much to do a search and get the records and hopefully the town's name will be on there.

I hope this is of some help to you.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Witcheyes I already gave her the information and you are interfereing at this point since she knows what to say.

SUEWELLS THIS IS TO WARN YOU THAT THIS PERSON TRISDH IS A COMMERCIAL GENEALOGIST SEEKING CLIENTS AND DO NOT PAY HER ANY MONEY AND DO NOT SUCCUMB TO HER POSTINGS SHE ADVERTISES BENEATH HER NAME BUT POSES AS A 'VOLUNTEER'..BE ATTENTIVE. PETER
suewells

Post by suewells »

Peter, Thanks for the info and taking the time to respond to my post. I mentioned in my initial post that I have been to the Ellis Island Site, and the Mormon Site. At the Mormon Site I found Eugene Bianchi on the 1930 Census. I appreciate your resonse but not your reinventing the wheel comment. I didn't come to this website to get into discussions about my expertise or extreme lack thereof, or my motivations. This is my third day of this quest so I am beyond Newbie. How about Pre-Pre-Newbie. Thanks again.
Sue Wells
Houston, Texas
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

sO THEN WHAT STEPS HAVE YOU TAKEN TO UNCOVER THEIR TOWN OF ORIIGN IN iTALY TO DATE? nO OFFENSE INTENDED BUT MERELY TO BE EFFICIENT. pETER
suewells

Post by suewells »

Peter, Thanks for the caution. I picked up on it myself. However since I am so new I did appreciate the google time she gave me. I am not here to make enemies but I will be cautious. Thanks
Sue Wells
Houston, Texas
suewells

Post by suewells »

Peter, Okay lets start again. I am hoping that I can 1. obtain this information from records my aunt left but I haven't been able to get my hands on them yet. 2. I thought that if I could find the ship's manifest I could get the information there as I did for my Grandmother who emmigrated from Sicily. So I guess I am looking for a way to obtain this information with as little expense as possible. Thanks for your help and concern. Sue
Sue Wells
Houston, Texas
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

suewells wrote:Peter, Thanks for the caution. I picked up on it myself. However since I am so new I did appreciate the google time she gave me. I am not here to make enemies but I will be cautious. Thanks
Dear Suewells,

I apologize! I'm only here to help. I volunteer at a Family History Center several days a week. I'm trying to let people know there are other avenues that can help with their research.

I wish you luck with your search.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suewells

Post by suewells »

Trish, Thanks for the information and suggestions. I appreciate that you took the time to respond to my post. Thanks, again Sue
Sue Wells
Houston, Texas
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Do you still require a copy of the ships manifest?? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi : In Italy are an italian Eugene(french first name) Bianchi emigrated and 2 also italian Eugenio Bianchi from 1880 to 1891..
Eugene Bianchi:
Cognome
BIANCHI

Nome
EUGENE

Professione
DYER

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
NY

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
HAVRE

Nave
CANADA

Data d'arrivo
4/1/1880
this not is your ancestor why the age not is probable...??but the name: Eugenio/Eugene Bianchi is common in the past, in Camaiore , Pontremoli, Capannori, Poggio Berni, Collodi(Lucca province/Tuscany), Lucignano (Arezzo/Tuscany)
suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sorry for the incursionhere but do you have the town of origin or not. if not I can direct you. Peter
suewells

Post by suewells »

:D Peter, No I still haven't narrowed it down. I am at work now 8:40 am Central Time here in Houston so I have to pick and choose times to respond to e-mails. I am going to have to set out a block of time the first of next week to work on this, so any directions you might be able to give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Sue
Sue Wells
Houston, Texas
suewells

Post by suewells »

:D suanj Thank you so much for your response to my post. I appreciate the information you have forwarded and look forward to future postings back and forth. I'll take a look at this info and let you know what I come up with. Thanks again. Sue 8)
Sue Wells
Houston, Texas