Suggestions when writing to a Parish Register

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
chamomile

Suggestions when writing to a Parish Register

Post by chamomile »

I've been advised to continue my research on Francesco Luciani and Ernestina Pulgini in the Parish registers of the PARROCCHIA S. NICOLO' DI MONTEPRANDONE. they are my great-grandparents.
I need to write to the priest Don Francesco Ciabattoni by email. Can I get any suggestions so ths may be successful.
thank you for reading
vj
Master
Master

Re: Suggestions when writing to a Parish Register

Post by vj »

Hi!
This may help
Valarie

Italian Genealogy Letters - page 5
David's Italian Form Letters to send to Italy

Letter to a Parish Priest in Italy - includes some helpful advice on local Parish Diplomacy.
chamomile

Post by chamomile »

thank you Valerie, these samples are perfect.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you go to www.parrrocchie.it and put in Prandone inthe upper right side you will find that the only church that has a telephone number is another church at Via De Gasperi(152.Hamlet 63033) Centobuchi of Montepadrone (AP). That telephone number is 0735701-445 indicating that it is a residence for the parish priest.

San Nicolo di monteprandone and another church do not have any telephone number indicating that they are served by a circuit travelling priest. letters may automatically go to the resident priest for all three churches but wish to advise you for your information. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Parrocchia San Niccolò di Bari
Via Allegretti, 32
63033 Monteprandone (AP)
Italy

E-mail: info @ parrocchiasanniccolo.it

Telephone: +39 0735 62664

http://www.parrocchiasanniccolo.it/index.html

The parish priest is don Francesco Ciabattoni.
chamomile

Post by chamomile »

thank you Peter and Livio,
Before your replies I emailed The parish priest, don Francesco Ciabattoni. I'm a bit confused what to do next and not sure I understand . Sorry I'm alittle overwhelmed . Unfortunately, I don't read or write Italian so Im dependent on friends to help.
chamomile

Post by chamomile »

I see The churches information the website. Do you advise me to send letter or email to Parrish. My first email sent was at ciabattoni@crocesud.it
Debra
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

If you have already received an answer from ciabattoni @ crocesud.it you may continue to use this address, otherwise you may try the one that I found on the Parrish site.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you are requesting information or documents it is best to send a form letter in Italian as outlined to you by VJ above and think of about $10.00 donation per document or search of a record. Parish priests are the custodians of the records in their church(s) and they may have to hire someone to do the research in your behalf. Also ask if they have a "libro d'anime" (church census book of parishoners which date back to earlier times in the 1700's and may or may not available due to damage over time.

Either address located at www.parrocchie.it for the three churches located in prandone will no doubt get to the priest you wish to communicate. =Peter=
~Peter~
frattlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frattlaw »

Not to jump in to his thread but I have the same questions except I dont know which church to be contacting...

My GGF listed Gragnano as his last residence on his Passenger List. I also know that a large part of the family is from Lettere, just up the hill from Gragnano. I did a search for Gragnano and Lettere on www.parrocchie.it It came back with 13 in Gragnano, Campania and 4 in Lettere. None have phone numbers or email addresses.

Is there a way to narrow this down ?