Translate handwritten message from Italian about Poderuccio

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Translate handwritten message from Italian about Poderuccio

Post by donnawright »

There have been posts here by me and respondants concerning Poderuccio as it relates to Sorano or Siena. Today I received a map in the mail from a new acquaintance in Italy who is also searching for her ancestry. On the back is written:

i ponti contrassegnati con (and she draws a big circle here) sono le zone done c'e' un agriturismo, oppure un podere chiamato "Poderuccio." Le case dei contadini avevano tutte un nome. Quela di tuo nonno aveva un nome forse poderuccio? (and she writes Sinalunga in a circle)

Poderuccio Sembra Essere Un Piccolo Podere Di contadini (misero, povero, piccolo)

I think she is trying to help me learn about Poderuccio, since this is a new place that popped up in my search.

Thank you for your assistance.
Donna Wright
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Translate handwritten message from Italian about Poderuc

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Donna the plot thickens!! =Peter=
~Peter~
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Re: Translate handwritten message from Italian about Poderuc

Post by Sirena »

The points (punti?) are the zones where there is agriculture/tourism (?) or even a farm called Poderuccio. The houses of the farmers all had a name. That of your grandfather maybe had the name of Poderuccio? (note: Sinalunga is a village/frazione in the province of Siena)
Poderuccio seems to be a small community of farmers (meager, poor, small)
Donna, "podere di contadini" is literally a "farm of farmers". She may mean that a group of them work parts of the same farm.
Good luck