Need Help with this Italian Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

Need Help with this Italian Translation

Post by iolanda2 »

Hello Forum Members:

Just received a handwritten chart via email, in response to my request, from the wonderful staff at the Ufficio di Stato Civile in San Felice sul Panaro.
Can you translate for me? Do I need to send soldi?
Molte grazie

Gentilissima Sig.ra Iolanda, le inoltro in allegato il file con le notizie che mi ha chiesto.
E' una ricerca storica e avrebbe il costo di €5.16 per ogni nominativo trovato quindi in totale €118,68 piu' una marca da bollo da € 14,52. Ma, visto che e' venuta qui a San Felice a trovarci , ci ha fatto conoscere la sua storia ed e' stata così gentile con noi, ho pensato di regalarle queste notizie in segno di amicizia.
Mi auguro che le siano utili.
Saluti
Lara Malavasi
Responsabile Servizi Demografici
Comune San Felice sul Panaro (MO)
via Mazzini n. 13
41038 San Felice sul Panaro (MO)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Need Help with this Italian Translation

Post by liviomoreno »

They don't want money, this is a present! Translation follows:

Dearest Mrs Iolanda, I am enclosing the file with the info that you requested.
It was an historical research and therefore the cost would be €5.16 for each name found therefore in total €118,68 plus a € 14,52 stamp. But, considering that you came to visit us in San Felice, you have shared with us your story and you have been so kind with us, I have decided to give you these info as a friend's sign.
I hope they are useful to you.
Lara Malvesi
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

liviomoreno wrote:They don't want money, this is a present! Translation follows:

Dearest Mrs Iolanda, I am enclosing the file with the info that you requested.
It was an historical research and therefore the cost would be €5.16 for each name found therefore in total €118,68 plus a € 14,52 stamp. But, considering that you came to visit us in San Felice, you have shared with us your story and you have been so kind with us, I have decided to give you these info as a friend's sign.
I hope they are useful to you.
Lara Malvesi
I must admit - this is the first time I have seen a comune come up with a charge of this kind - especially as the need for an Italian '€14,52 marche da bollo' is mentioned.

Were the 'historical documents' for a citizenship request I wonder? But even if they were, I've never seen a marche da bollo mentioned. A search charge yes, bollo - no!

But perhaps I've got it all wrong... at the end of the day, this Comune was very nice - and that is a pleasure to see!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

elba wrote:...
I must admit - this is the first time I have seen a comune come up with a charge of this kind - especially as the need for an Italian '€14,52 marche da bollo' is mentioned.
I believe that the document requested was a "Stato di famiglia storico" and in this case all the municipalities do charge. The "bollo" is a different story...
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by iolanda2 »

many thanks for these translations. this comune is wonderful! the oldest records are stored in a garage adjacent ot the police station. No humidily control. The LDS has not copied the majority of the oldest records.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Call the Mormon LDS Family History library in Utah at 801-240-2331 and tell them about your find of unrecorded records in the municipal garage. =Peter=
~Peter~