Looking for Family Hisory - Buccellato

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PietroB

Looking for Family Hisory - Buccellato

Post by PietroB »

I am trying to find out as much information I can about the Buccellato family from Sicily town of Castellamare. I am Peter Buccellato and live in America.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are a number of things you can do but if you wish to know all about your family and conduct genealogy research then obtain the book Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole. it is an easy read and will set you on the road. In the meantime right here in this very website read the home page about italian genealogy. You will be surprised how much you will come to know and understand. Should you wish to start any research while your reading the book go to the Mormon church family history library nearest your home and rent the microfilm for the civil records for castellammare which date back to the early 1800's. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Looking for Family Hisory - Buccellato

Post by suanj »

PietroB wrote:I am trying to find out as much information I can about the Buccellato family from Sicily town of Castellamare. I am Peter Buccellato and live in America.
Origin Buccellato family from Castellammare del Golfo(Sicily):

Perhaps this family is the most ancient transplanted to Castellammare, still existing family and in various branches. Handed on from father in son, the new than already to time of Federico II of Svevia(Emperor), in the castle it lived a Diego Buccellato(around 1200/1300). Probable that Diego or others had come in Sicily, to continuation of emperor, and that it has been original of Lucca(Tuscany). In fact to Lucca the cake or the bread to rubber ring shape ( called "cucciddatu" in Castellammare) just we are said "buccellato" and therefore the Buccellato surname indicated who made this cake.
Currently are 50 Buccellato families in Castellammare:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... fo&x=0&y=0

Buccellato soldiers from Castellammare del Golfo dieds in the WARS:

Soldier (War years 1911/13)
Buccellato Gaetano son of Ignazio and Castrenza Borruso, born in 1878, died in Tripoli in 1913

Soldier(War years 1915/18)
Buccellato Vincenzo (1899-1918) son of Vincenzo and Vita Amodini died in Ospedale di Bari(Bari Hospital)

Soldiers(War years 1940-45)
Buccellato Gaspare (born 1920-died 1942) son of Leonardo and Vincenza Giordano

Buccellato Giuseppe (1921-1942) son of Leonardo and Caterina Messina died in Russia (ex URSS)

For contacts Buccellato family in Castellammare, Insert your message in Castellammare del Golfo guestbook for emigrants(are also an Buccellato message and email): http://www.castellammaredelgolfo.com/guest.htm

Regards ,suanj
vincentbVincent

Post by vincentbVincent »

I Am A Buccellato!! And My Mother And Father Are From Castellammare del Golfo. My Father's Name Is Vito And His Father Giuseppe (Joseph). Write Back If That Helps!!!
vincent
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can trace the entire family if you go to the nearest family history library of the Mormon church and rent out the micorfilm ($3.00) for castellamare del Golfo (Trapani province) which furnishes all thre civil records of birth,marriages and deaths from 1809 to 1910. If you are in need of anything specific then get back to me if not then may I suugest you buy or borrow the book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson which is a great accompaniment to your researches on the microfilm. Peter
Sue95135

Post by Sue95135 »

I am also a Buccellato. My grandfather was from the Castellemare. First name of Nicholas (sp) I was able to find his emigration record from the Ellis Island website, but I am trying to find out how he got from New York to his final destination of San Jose California.

I also am aware of an extensive Buccellato family living in another northern California town--I believe it is Martinez?

Could we be related?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You might have given the year so that it might be possible to determine if he would more likely have gone by sea or by railroad and inland waterways. So whenyouget back with the information then I can proceed to research it . Peter
Zeus9643

Post by Zeus9643 »

I am Leonardo Poma (Puma) I am the grandson Salvatore Guliano Poma and Francesca Buccellato My father name Michael and his brother and sister are Gina, Elsa, Vicente, Felix, Nino, Martino, My father born in castle on Castellemare on Sicily.
marcobuccellato

Post by marcobuccellato »

Me too I am a Buccellato. My grabnfathers was Vito Buccellato, my grandmother was Carmela Gambino, born in Castellamjmare del Golfo (Trapani). My father was Stefano (1924-1989), born in Tunis. I'm living in Rome. There are some brothers and sisters of my father, still living in France (Marseille). Pierre, Joseph and Rosetta. Other brothers died was Giovanni and Italia
Emilygb

Post by Emilygb »

Marco Buccellato- Carmela Gambino was the daughter of Jack Gambino Son of Salvatore Gambino that I referred to in my earlier post. Could this Carmela be your grandmother? Do you know any more about her grandparents? I am looking for the names of her parents "father" Gambino and Rosina "nee surname"
foxxiepuma

Post by foxxiepuma »

Zeus9643 wrote:I am Leonardo Poma (Puma) I am the grandson Salvatore Guliano Poma and Francesca Buccellato My father name Michael and his brother and sister are Gina, Elsa, Vicente, Felix, Nino, Martino, My father born in castle on Castellemare on Sicily.

Hello Leonardo i am adrianne puma daughter of felice( Felix) contact me please
Zeus9643

Post by Zeus9643 »

Hello adrianne i am cousen leo this is my email zeus_7475@hotmail.com and /or darklordzeus@gmail.com
Zeus9643

Post by Zeus9643 »

foxxiepuma wrote:
Zeus9643 wrote:I am Leonardo Poma (Puma) I am the grandson Salvatore Guliano Poma and Francesca Buccellato My father name Michael and his brother and sister are Gina, Elsa, Vicente, Felix, Nino, Martino, My father born in castle on Castellemare on Sicily.

Hello Leonardo i am adrianne puma daughter of felice( Felix) contact me please
Hello cousin, how you and the family going? This is my email zeus_7475@hotmail.con and /or darklordzeus@gmail.com
mdpb

Post by mdpb »

suanj wrote:[quote:a6ce3581ff="PietroB"]I am trying to find out as much information I can about the Buccellato family from Sicily town of Castellamare. I am Peter Buccellato and live in America.[/quote:a6ce3581ff]
Origin Buccellato family from Castellammare del Golfo(Sicily):

Perhaps this family is the most ancient transplanted to Castellammare, still existing family and in various branches. Handed on from father in son, the new than already to time of Federico II of Svevia(Emperor), in the castle it lived a Diego Buccellato(around 1200/1300). Probable that Diego or others had come in Sicily, to continuation of emperor, and that it has been original of Lucca(Tuscany). In fact to Lucca the cake or the bread to rubber ring shape ( called "cucciddatu" in Castellammare) just we are said "buccellato" and therefore the Buccellato surname indicated who made this cake.
Currently are 50 Buccellato families in Castellammare:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... fo&x=0&y=0

Buccellato soldiers from Castellammare del Golfo dieds in the WARS:

Soldier (War years 1911/13)
Buccellato Gaetano son of Ignazio and Castrenza Borruso, born in 1878, died in Tripoli in 1913

Soldier(War years 1915/18)
Buccellato Vincenzo (1899-1918) son of Vincenzo and Vita Amodini died in Ospedale di Bari(Bari Hospital)

Soldiers(War years 1940-45)
Buccellato Gaspare (born 1920-died 1942) son of Leonardo and Vincenza Giordano

Buccellato Giuseppe (1921-1942) son of Leonardo and Caterina Messina died in Russia (ex URSS)

For contacts Buccellato family in Castellammare, Insert your message in Castellammare del Golfo guestbook for emigrants(are also an Buccellato message and email): http://www.castellammaredelgolfo.com/guest.htm

Regards ,suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

???
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH