New to site trying to trace Travelonie family

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
rainbow1

New to site trying to trace Travelonie family

Post by rainbow1 »

Hi i am new to this site and after several years in the wilderness i am trying to trace my great grandmothers family. Her maiden name was Mary ellen Travelonie and i know through Ancestry and some very kind people her father came from Nice then Italy. His name was Francesco Traveloni and i believe his father was Julio Travelonie. From what i can gather he was a taylor and musician and married Mary ann millas the daughter of sylvester millas.
Please could anyone shed any light on my italian ancestors
The dates i have are
1812 Julio trivelonie born nice italy
1798 Rose Bertossi born
1837 Francis Travelonie born nice italy
1821 Sylvester millas born nice italy
The families did move to liverpool then some to southport but i dont really know about their life their Thankyou Tracy
rainbow1

Re: New to site trying to trace Travelonie family

Post by rainbow1 »

Thankyou i will be searching in scotland, ireland, england and possibly france
When i get to know what i am doing
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Rainbow 1
Welcome to Italian Genealogy there's lots of very good people here who will be glad to give you help. Maybe you should try posting your request in the Genealogy section.
There's a number of films available from the Family History Centre for Nice Italy This is the link to the page with the list of various areas if you click on the area that is relevant then go to where it says FILMS on the top right hand corner and click on that it will give you a list of the films you can hire from your local family history centre. To find you nearest FHC log into www.familysearch.org and it should come up on the home page if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can fill in your details and it will let you know where your nearest FHC is. The films are not expensive to hire but you need to go to the FHC to view them.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... Nice+Italy

Good luck with your search
Emmy
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Since you are apparently new to Italian genealogy perhaps if you familiarize yourself witth this How to for Italian Genealogy Research you will then be in a positon to understand the who,what, where and when of Italian genealogy and can streamline your inquiries to us.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

=Peter=
~Peter~