2 birth certificates from 1890

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

2 birth certificates from 1890

Post by oilman19 »

I have my grandparents birth registrations from 1890 in Santa Maria Capua Vetere. I attempted to attach them to this post but they are rejected because the file is too big. They are jpeg files about 700 kb. I don't know how to make them any smaller.
I have sent personal messages to 2 staff members asking for help but have received no response.
Can someone help me to translate these 2 very important documents?
Thank You,

Jim
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: 2 birth certificates from 1890

Post by wldspirit »

Although I did not receive a private message from you I can help..
we are aware that there are some problems in attaching files to post, until this is completely resolved, the easiest method is to use an image hosting program and provide the link for others to follow, such as Imageshack, Photobucket or some similar type of program.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you very much. I have sent a new post using photobucket. I hope it works.
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Jim,

I've been reading a lot of these lately, hope this translation helps.

"Birth Record

Antonia Mattora No. 286

The year 1890, May 6, at 10 AM at the Town Hall. Before me Michele Valle, Mayor, official of the town of S. Maria Capua Vetere, was presented (appeared) Pasquale Mattora, 38 years old, peasant (contadino) living in this city. He declared that at 3 Am this morning at the house at via S. Erasmo, Maria Tamburrino, his wife living at the house, gave birth to a female baby which he presented and gives the name of Antonia.

Witness given to the above by Francesco Furajulo (not sure of this spelling), 30 years old, (can’t read the occupation), and Raffaele Tallo, 53, peasant, who also reside in this town.

The writing at the end says that the official (mayor) signs for them because there were illiterate and could not sign."

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

The second record reads:

No. 298
Fioravante Iamiello (or Ianniello)

The year 1889, May 28, at 10 AM at the Town Hall. Before me Pasquale Danie (sp?) … official title…of the town of S. Maria Capua Vetere, was presented (appeared) Francesco Antonio Ianniello, 44 years old, peasant (contadino) living in this city. He declared that at 5 Am this morning at the house at via Campania, Anna Scialla (sp?), his wife living at the house, gave birth to a male baby which he presented and gives the name of Fioravante.

Witness given to the above by Francesco Areliano (not sure of this spelling), 35 years old, peasant , and Domenico Santoro, 51, peasant, who also reside in this town.

The writing at the end says that the official (mayor) signs for them because they were illiterate and could not sign.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I forgot to mention that the notation in the left column of Fioravante's birth record says that on 12 September 1910 (or 1920 - it's hard to read) Ianniello married Antonia Mattora.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

T,

Thank you very much.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

OOPs! So sorry for the error in reading the notation. Glad someone else picked it up.

T.