de Blasio family; Sant'Agata dei Goti, Benevento, Campa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
heggar
Rookie
Rookie

de Blasio family; Sant'Agata dei Goti, Benevento, Campa

Post by heggar »

Hello Everyone; Ciao Tutti!!;

I am trying to locate decendants of the de Blasio family from Sant'Agata dei Goti, Benevento province, in the Campania region of Italy.

My grandmother was Amelia de Blasio, who came to America in 1906 with her brother Giovanni de Blasio. They settled in New York City, joining their two siblings; Orsola, and Guiseppe de Blasio, who had already arrived in New York City in approximately 1903?

Amelia married my grandfather, Anthony Lacovara, a physician in Brooklyn, NY, around 1921. Her brother Giovanni had a wife named Anna. Amelia's siblings Orsola and Guiseppe later returned to Italy. I believe that I still have distant cousins in the Campania region; and possibly in the New York area.

If anyone has any information for my family tree, I would be very grateful. Grazie!
Michael31
Master
Master

Re: de Blasio family; Sant'Agata dei Goti, Benevento, C

Post by Michael31 »

De Blasio Fucci Angelina
82019 Sant'Agata De' Goti (BN) -
Via Santisi
tel:0823 953172

www.paginebianche.it
cognome: De Blasio dove: BN

Lacovara Antonio
80132 Napoli (NA) -
Piazzetta Mondragone, 13
tel:riceve informazioni commerciali 081 405789

Lacovara Giovanna
80129 Napoli (NA) -
Via Caruso Settimio Severo, 26
tel:081 5584943

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sant'Agata_de'_Goti

http://www.comune.sant-agata-de-goti.bn.it/

www.viamichelin.it
google maps
www.ellisislandrecords.org
www.cognomiitaliani.org
danielle6877

Re: de Blasio family; Sant'Agata dei Goti, Benevento, Campa

Post by danielle6877 »

I just came across this while looking for my grandmother Anna DeBlasio's relatives. I believe that New YORK city's mayor Bill DeBlasio his grandfather is Giovanni DeBlasio your grandmother's brother. Look him up on the internet...he mentions his grandparents names and said he came from the same town as you around 1906. Hope you receive thus and it finds you well. Danielle Magliaro
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

There's a petition for naturalization online (on, e.g., Ancestry) for Giovanni De Blasio from 1924 in NY, with wife Anna and children Maria (the mother of Mayor DeBlasio), Dorotea, and "Yole." They're in the 1930 and 1940 censuses as well.
worldavi

Post by worldavi »

Would anyone have information on Guiseppe de Blasio as he returned back to Italy. I was needing to know if he married when he went back to Italy. I have a great aunt named Teresa De Blasio who has a daughter named Amelia.
Teresa was living in Rome around 1982 and was about 85 years I believe then. Teresa was the sister of my maternal grandfather and I know nothing about her husband.
ROOON55

Post by ROOON55 »

Hello, my mother is related to Guiseppe, I have a few letters from him to my mother. She has passed, and I have been trying to locate the remainder of my family in Italy. My Mother was Antonette Deblasio, her father (my Grandpa) was Anthony who immigrated to America and settled in Berlin Ct. the letters were written in English and mention Teresa, as my mother always asked about her, and Amelia. He spoke of a Sister whom he did not know her location. He name was Franstina. Perhaps we can compare notes. We did research to find we are 4th cousin of Mayor Bill DeBlasio.