LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
dliberatore

LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by dliberatore »

I am new to this site and need help finding the place of birth for Gaetano Liberatore. He was born April 25th 1894 in Italy and moved to the Illinois area. I am looking for any information. A friend told me about a world war one record.
vj
Master
Master

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by vj »

Welcome to the Forum!

Here you go, from ancestry. com

1917 WWI Draft Registration Card
probably born in Caramanico Terme, province of Pescara, Abruzzo region, Italy

and
1942 WWII Draft Registration Card
page 2
---

If you want to look for his ship manifest on Ellis Island, most of us use this site (free):
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
---

Did you need assistance with any other US records for your family?
Valarie
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Greetings,
Here are several sites:
1. There are microfilmed records that can be ordered in to a Family History Library for a small fee. Here is a list of the records available.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... ato+civile++

2. I looked up the place name at the non solo cap site to help you understand the location in Italy. You can click on maps of the left hand side of the opening page to see exactally where on the Map the town is located.

http://www.nonsolocap.it/abruzzo/66-caramanico-terme/

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Following up on VJ's post

I took a look at the ellis Island site to see where their final destination was in the US and who his contact person was in Italy.

Gaetano lists his Father as Giovanni in Italy, and was going to his Uncle Nicola Faninelli. ( The surname of Nicola needs to be verified, because I can't read it very well)

I also like to take note of who is standing in line at Ellis Island with Gaetano.
An Luisa is stating that her mother is Angela and her uncle is the same one that Gaetano listed The Nicola . there is some kind of relationship between Gaetano and Luisa. Either brother and sister or 1st cousins.

Also, while Gaetano and Luisa both went to New York addressess, several others from Caramanico went directly to Joliet, ILL

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.

dliberatore

Post by dliberatore »

Thanks a million VJ Wow I didn't know so much existed. I would love to know who the children are. I heard there was 2 son's a Robert and Donald Liberatore. Thanks so so much.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

You're welcome!
Here are other possible records
Valarie

possible 1930 census

Home in 1930:
1157 Hickory Street, rents $25
Joliet, Will, Illinois

head Guy Liberature 34, abt 1896 IT
- married age 27, abt 1922-3
- immig 1912, Na
- cobbler, shoe shop
- military: served WWI
wife Frances Liberature 28, abt 1902 IL
son Robert Liberature 6, abt 1924 IL
son Donald Liberature 4 5/12, abt 1925 IL
---

possible 1920 census

Home in 1920:
443 North Eastern Avenue
Joliet Ward 7, Will, Illinois

Tony Delroso 23
Charlotte Delroso 17
boarder Guy Liberata 25, abt 1895 IT
- single
- immig 1902, Na (naturalized citizen) 1919
- partner, shoemaker shop (probably with Tony DelRoso/a)
Rosa Egrizio 27
---

Obituary
Donald John Liberatore
Age 78, of Whittier, CA passed away on June 2, 2004. He was born in Joliet on August 1, 1925.
Don was a graduate of Joliet Township High School. He joined the Army in 1944, achieving the rank of Sergeant and served as a Radar Mechanic on the S.S. Liberty. He lived in Lockport and worked for Pure Oil Company until 1963 when he moved his family to Whittier, California.
While in Illinois, Don was a Mason in the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of Illinois, Matteson Lodge #175 in Joliet. He remained a member for 43 years in Whittier, California. He was an Electrician and an I.B.E.W. member for over 35 years.
Donald is survived by his wife Phyllis (nee Benson) of 60 years, his children Nora (Guido) Fusco, Alan (Kristi) Liberatore, and Jo Ann (Ronald) Thompson.
He was preceded in death by his daughter, Aleda (James) Carrington, a brother, Robert Libertore, and his parents, Gaetano and Frances Liberatore. He has nieces, nephews, and cousins remaining in the Joliet area.
Visitation was at Rose Hill Cemetery and a memorial service was held at East Whittier United Methodist Church, Whittier, CA on Saturday, June 12, 2004.
dliberatore

Post by dliberatore »

Valarie Hi again. I misspelled the name its not Lisa its Luisa. She is stating that her mother is Angela and her uncle is the same one that Gaetano listed

Thanks again

Dorene
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Greetings,

I took a quick look at the Family History microfilm directory and the films go only unto 1865.
If your interested in extending your ancestry back a few generations you more than likely will need to hire a professional genealogical researcher in the Benevento area.

There are several associated with this Forum that may be able to help you.

Genealogy and family research can be very rewarding, at the same time difficult and frustrating.
You have waited all this time . . keep on trying.
Regards,
Trevisan2

dliberatore

Post by dliberatore »

Thank you so much for all your help. Where is the Benevento area? I am not familiar with that.

Dorene
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Greetings,

Your ancestor's place name would be written as follows:

Caramanico Terme, Pescara, Italy

Benevento is near by. Type it into the www.nonsolocap.it and select mappe and you will see where it is. There is a professional genealogist from that area posting on this site.

Another great site is www.gogle.com, then select maps. just Type in Caramanico, Italy. Then select maps Google often has pictures of the towns, under photo's.

I know all of this is new to you and takes time to get it organized in your head. We all went through the same process.

Regards,
Trevisan2

trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Ciao,

Here is a great introduction video to Italian research and how to search our Surname.

https://fch.ldschurch.org/WWSupport/Cou ... layer.html

Regards,
Trevisan2

CarissaLiberatore

Post by CarissaLiberatore »

Hey, I just wanted to say it's nice see another Liberatore on here. My branch stemmed from Antonio Liberatore from the Pietraferrazzana, Province Di Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy.

His son, my great grandfather (Attilio Americo Liberatore) and his siblings were first gen American. His siblings are Martino (Marty) F, Lucia (Lucy) Iolanda Margherita, and Theresa.

Let me know if you track any family back through the New England area or the Abruzzo region. Apparently there are a lot of Liberatores there. ^_^

~Carissa Liberatore
Rivers

Post by Rivers »

Hello dLiberatore,
Now I am the one who is new to this site. Your mssg. was the first I read and by now you have obtained much information. Our dates are a little different. I have my great Uncle Guy's birth date at 21 April 1895. He was my grandmother's brother on my mother's side. I have been to Caramanico Terme to try to find their birth house. Is there any other information we could exchange? It goes like this as I know it: Luisa, Gaetano, Maria Carmela, Anna Graziella, Michele, Elena, Antonio. I have copies of birth certificates from Luisa and Antonio. Thanks for reading this and I hope we can come up with more family news.
Rivers

dliberatore wrote:I am new to this site and need help finding the place of birth for Gaetano Liberatore. He was born April 25th 1894 in Italy and moved to the Illinois area. I am looking for any information. A friend told me about a world war one record.
Rivers

Post by Rivers »

trevisan2 wrote:Following up on VJ's post

I took a look at the ellis Island site to see where their final destination was in the US and who his contact person was in Italy.

Gaetano lists his Father as Giovanni in Italy, and was going to his Uncle Nicola Faninelli. ( The surname of Nicola needs to be verified, because I can't read it very well)

I also like to take note of who is standing in line at Ellis Island with Gaetano.
An Luisa is stating that her mother is Angela and her uncle is the same one that Gaetano listed The Nicola . there is some kind of relationship between Gaetano and Luisa. Either brother and sister or 1st cousins.

Also, while Gaetano and Luisa both went to New York addressess, several others from Caramanico went directly to Joliet, ILL

Regards,
Trevisan2
Rivers

Post by Rivers »

Rivers wrote:
trevisan2 wrote:Following up on VJ's post

Regards,
Trevisan2