CAN SOME ONE HELP ME N TELL ME WHAT MY LAST NAME MEANS

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NGOOMBAY

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME N TELL ME WHAT MY LAST NAME MEANS

Post by NGOOMBAY »

HOW U DOIN I WOULD LOVE TO KNO WHA MY LAST NAME MEANS IT IS PECCHILLO IF U HAVE ANY INFO OR KNO ANY THING IM ME MY SN IS NGOOMBAY THANK U
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: CAN SOME ONE HELP ME N TELL ME WHAT MY LAST NAME MEANS

Post by ptimber »

There are 22 cities towns and villages with people having the Pecchillo surname 14 are in the Napoli region (campania) and tyhe remaining 8 are in the north of Italy. If you gfo to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname inthe first line and Camapnioa for the entire region of the 14 towns and then click CERCA you will see all 14 towns with the surname . Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

As for the surname meaning. The closest word to Pecchillo is pecchia which is a Bee. There is no word or surname Pecchillo and the surname is most likely local in origin. Sorry that is as far as I can go with facts. Anything else i would be speculation and unverified. Peter
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

NGOOMBAY wrote:HOW U DOIN I WOULD LOVE TO KNO WHA MY LAST NAME MEANS IT IS PECCHILLO IF U HAVE ANY INFO OR KNO ANY THING IM ME MY SN IS NGOOMBAY THANK U
Do you have e-mail where you have to pay by the letter?

Can't help this....but how much time do you save writing like this?

Now assume that someone who is Italian and has a limited grasp of English might read this note....how well do you think they understand your message? What are the chances they will respond?

Fortunately for you, Peter had no problem....
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

NGOOMBAY wrote:HOW U DOIN I WOULD LOVE TO KNO WHA MY LAST NAME MEANS IT IS PECCHILLO IF U HAVE ANY INFO OR KNO ANY THING IM ME MY SN IS NGOOMBAY THANK U
Please read our new Rules and Regulations, specially 1.g.

Anyway, welcome to ItalianGenealogy.com, you have got a nice headstart from Peter.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thank you edmondo. Thank you Susan. Peter