Death Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
burei1

Death Records

Post by burei1 »

Hi There

I was wondering if if anyone can help? My father was Italian and unfortunately died in 1977. I am hoping to find and visit his grave, I know he is buried in Milan but I don't know where or how to find out.
Any ideas would be great.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Death Records

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Bereaved From what I gather you can either write to the COMUNE DI MILANO 20140 (MI), INSITUTO DI MEDICINA LEGALE, VIA GIUSEPPE PONZI 1, MILANO, LOMBARDIA ITALY .Form letters in Italian can be found at http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html. The use of the word TOMBA di SEPOLTURA =burial site might also be the phrase to use.

If convenient you might also wish to call that office at telephone#0250315683 to make pertinent inquiries regarding the name and location of the cemetery.The address for the Milano City Hall is Piazza Della Scala 2, (MI) 20121, Milano Italy.

Normally there are no charges for birth,marriage or death records but large cities are Byzantine in their rules, regulations, policy and procedures and I hesitate to say there is no charge.

The thought occurs to me that you should also send an e-mail to the Director for Vital Statistics (Stato Civile) at ROSALIA.MAZZA@INTERNO.IT =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Death Records

Post by liviomoreno »

You may also write to:

Direzione del Settore Servizi Funebri
Via Larga, 12
20122 Milano
Italy
PeterTimber