Annotation on a birth record from Como

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran

Annotation on a birth record from Como

Post by jwazevedo »

The linked image comes from the margin of the birth record for Gesu Merga, who was born in Garzeno (Como) in 1912. (Another annotation was blocked for privacy reasons, which I think means that it referred to an event, probably a marriage, that took place after 1936, when the records were scanned.)

I can understand some of the words in the annotation, but I can't grasp the meaning. I could use some help. Thanks.
Jerry

http://img136.imageshack.us/i/mergagesu.jpg/
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Annotation on a birth record from Como

Post by Tessa78 »

Looks like a correction to what was written - "was born a baby of female sex" and should be "was born a baby of male sex." Seems someone wrote the wrong sex for the baby born on 11 February 1934.

Someone will be sure to check this again and offer a full translation.

T.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The translationis literal and correct. ...." e nato un bambinO (O signifiying masculine gender) di sexo feminile (female gender)" the rest is I swear on this date that...blah blah blahthat.... an error was committed and rectified to male =Peter=
~Peter~
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Hope this helps...

Translation:
With the judgment 12.2.(1)934 by the Tribunal of Como transcribed 19 February 1934 at N.1 - part II Series B. of the birth register of the year 1934 of this Comune.

The certified act is rectified in the sense that where it is written "was born a boy of the feminine sex" should in fact be read and understood that a boy of the male sex was born.

Note made
Chancellor of Trbunal
(Registrar)

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
jwazevedo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jwazevedo »

Thank you so much. This gives me the place to look for further info on what appears to be a child born to this person. I appreciate the help.

Grazie,
Jerry