New Member... Looking for surname Spadorcia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
spud1972

New Member... Looking for surname Spadorcia

Post by spud1972 »

Hello!

A family member directed me to thhis site and I think there was a bunch of information on the last name Spadorcia, especially including several who moved to Boston, MA and Quincy, MA. I wouold love it if someone could direct me to where I could look or how I could use this thread to start tracing my family members back to Italy and maybe elsewhere.

I have wanted to look into family trees for a while but never knew where to start, especially with not much in funds to put towards it.

Thanks so much for reading!

Mike
vj
Master
Master

Re: New Member... Looking for surname Spadorcia

Post by vj »

Hello Mike!
If you want to find where 'Spadorcia' occurs in previous posts, the search function is on this page above the title of your post.
If you would like help hunting for US records we would need some facts about your family (names, birth dates, locations)
Also, this site has free software (PAF) you can download to organize what you already know about your family - start with yourself and work backwards
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp
Valarie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Welcome Mike. In the event you wish to interact with your own genealogy research and with our assistance when needed, then you can go to this website as an alternative.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

Spadorcia is not a surname listed inthe Italian surname dictionary which may be an imported surname and italianized or more likely local in origin and based upon nicknames, occupations, anecdotal references. =Peter=
~Peter~
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Hi,

Use the search button at the top of this page to inquire for the name. There are a number of posts which reference that name, most by member LaBud.
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

Hi Val, Peter and MsBris,

Thanks for pointing Mike in the right direction.
I sent a PM to him, and did the same as you.

You are always there when needed. :)

Ciao, LaBud