family maimone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pmdw

Re: family maimone

Post by pmdw »

I know the Little Silver Maimone family very well and believe that I used to babysit for Lorenzo, although I knew him as Larry. My Grandmothers sister was married to Carmelo's brother. There is still some family left in the area. I don't know if it is the family that Maria is looking for, but will add what I know if anyone is interested.

Lorenzo, if you read this too, my mom was Barbara. Our mothers were good friends when you lived in Little Silver. Send me a message if you want to chat.
Giacomina49

Post by Giacomina49 »

Hi Maria,
My name is Jacqueline (Jackie) Maimone. I believe I am the family you are looking for. My grandfather was Antonio Barone Maimone, born approximately 1883 in Capizzi, Sicily, I think. He was married to Annunziata Filaro born approximately 1889. My father is Salvatore, born in New York June, 1920. His brothers and sisters were, Giacomo, born in Sicily, 1906, the rest born in New York, they were Guiseppe (Joseph) born 1915, Mae (Domenica) born 1916, Santa born 1918 (she was a twin, her sister Marianna died at 6 months old), 1920 my Dad Salvatore, Frank born 1924, and the baby (the only living sibling) Marian born 1929 and lives in Florida. My husband and I live in Florida for 5 years, in New York before. I believe you are my cousin and I have more info for you about your other cousins.

Jackie
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

This is the only contact I found for Maria. I don't know if it still is active, but you can try it. I hope you all can reconnect.

http://cid-7f88b9ce2267ea10.profile.live.com/
KathyLPV
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KathyLPV »

Hi Maria ... if you're still looking ...
WOW! I was looking through the posts to find famiglia mia I posted years ago, when I saw yours. I don't know if this fits yours, but ...

My father worked for a while with a Maimone in Little Silver in the 1960s, the MAIMONE BROTHERS sounds familiar. From what I remember my father saying, Mr Maimone spoke "broken English", I don't remember ever meeting him. He was probably in his 40s or 50s then. He was a contractor, and they built a large high-end development in Little Silver! (My dad backed out of it because it was built on wet lands, & they wouldn't "fill" in the soil. It always floods still!) Markham Place is just off the main street, now has a school & a small business section.

Also, I went to school (Red Bank Catholic) with 2 of his daughters. Concetta Maria was in my class & her sister was 3 years ahead of me but I can't remember her name. Concetta was about 18 in 1965, they lived on Carlile Terrace then. I don't know why her sister's photo isn't in the yearbooks. The Obit must have been her brother, and she is the Concetta Roden in it. There with a big write up about it in the local press that the companion got all the inheritance, a big to do from the siblings.

I saw your site, good photos, but couldn't contact you without joining the site & I've joined too many! I still have the yearbook, could scan & email you a photo of Concetta ca 1965, if you like.
KathyLPV
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KathyLPV »

Hi Maria ... if you're still looking ...
WOW! I was looking through the posts to find famiglia mia I posted years ago, when I saw yours. I don't know if this fits yours, but ...

My father worked for a while with a Maimone in Little Silver in the 1960s, the MAIMONE BROTHERS sounds familiar. From what I remember my father saying, Mr Maimone spoke "broken English", I don't remember ever meeting him. He was probably in his 40s or 50s then. He was a contractor, and they built a large high-end development in Little Silver! (My dad backed out of it because it was built on wet lands, & they wouldn't "fill" in the soil. It always floods still!) Markham Place is just off the main street, now has a school & a small business section.

Also, I went to school (Red Bank Catholic) with 2 of his daughters. Concetta Maria was in my class & her sister was 3 years ahead of me but I can't remember her name. Concetta was about 18 in 1965, they lived on Carlile Terrace then. I don't know why her sister's photo isn't in the yearbooks. The Obit must have been her brother, and she is the Concetta Roden in it. There with a big write up about it in the local press that the companion got all the inheritance, a big to do from the siblings.

I saw your site, good photos, but couldn't contact you without joining the site & I've joined too many! I still have the yearbook, could scan & email you a photo of Concetta ca 1965, if you like.
maria76

Post by maria76 »

Hi KathyLPV,
i'm sorry but now i read your msg. I'm sorry for my english orrible
Oh yes, thanks
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Maria,

We are so happy you are back. :lol: As you see, there is lot of news for you. :wink:
maria76

Post by maria76 »

Hi thanks
:D
ValeZa

Post by ValeZa »

Dear Biff83,
I am an italian girl and I saw, by chance, the informations that you wrote some years ago about the family Maimone Baronello Giacomo (Giuseppe, Lucia, Concetta, Maria and Maria Cammarata) that leaved from Capizzi to NY in 1919. In all probability they were part of my family! They leaved from Capizzi but some years later they came back in Italy... it was so strange and at the same time so exciting to see the ship manifest with their name!
Do you have maybe other infos about them?

Furthermore, when Maimone Baronello's family lived in America they had a son born (probably) in 1920 and named Giacomo (he have the same name of the father)then he returned with the family in Italy and, more or less, during the fourties he returned back in America and he remains there.
Unfortunately, we don't have any news about Giacomo (son) because my grandmother is too old and she don't remember very well this old things...

Maybe could you find some acts or documents about they?
Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation and best regards from Italy.

Valentina
maria76

Post by maria76 »

Ciao, ho letto quello che hai scritto. Maimone Baronello Giacomo si chiamava mio nonno, non credo siano la stessa persona. Lui è nato a Capizzi e poi si è trasferito a Catania. Suo padre, Maimone Baronello Francesco, era partito per l'america senza la moglie e i figli ma non è più tornato.
ValeZa

Post by ValeZa »

Ciao Maria76, sicuramente stiamo parlando di due persone diverse, semplicemente si chiamavano nello stesso modo (cosa abbastanza comune in Sicilia :D ).
Scrivevo di fatti a Biff83, che nei post precendeti (del 2007) ha scansito il documento d'imbarco della nave su cui sono presenti i nomi dei miei bisnonni (con relativi 4 figli) che si sono imbarcati alla volta di New York.

Ciao!
maria76

Post by maria76 »

Probabilmente si.
Grazie
Ciao
Giovannasmiles

Post by Giovannasmiles »

I am Giovanna Maimone whose Family built a lot of Monmouth County, NJ. My dad passed away suddenly in 2004 at 58 years old as the obituary that someone referenced, stated. My Pop-Pop, Carmelo Maimone was from Sicily and I was told my last name was Arabic. When I look at some of my family members on my dad's side, I can totally see it. I would be curious to trace that. My mom was born in Italy, so as far as i'm concerned, i'm 100%. But, still curious about my Arabic Sicilian last name, and the lineage...
maria76

Post by maria76 »

Hi Giovanna, it's possible that the surname is Arabic. Do you have pictures?I have pictures in ancestry. If you want can you look.
I'm sorry for my english, is orrible
Bye Maria
maria76

Post by maria76 »

Or facebook Maria maimone baronello
Your Mother where is born?