French Genealogy - Marie Louise Girod Moiron France

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

French Genealogy - Marie Louise Girod Moiron France

Post by kangaroo_ch »

I'm searching for information on my great great Grandmother Marie Louise Girod ( date of birth approx. 1860) she was born in the commune of Moiron, Jura department, Franche-Comté. She was married to Giovanni Dacomo of Bee, Novara Italy. They had 3 children of which Francesco Dacomo born 1884 in Bee, Novara, Italy was my Great Grandfather. What would be the best way to find out the birth date of Marie Louise Girod? My french language skills are very limited. Who do i have to write to, are there any formletters on the net which i could use. Any help would be much appreciated.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: French Genealogy - Marie Louise Girod Moiron France

Post by PeterTimber »

Not to worry!.......

Birth,marriage and death records can beobtained by wirting to the Office of the Mayor (LA MAIRIE) of the town in which the event occurred. Some large cities have a number of districts, each with a Mayor. Any request will be expedited if you can direct it to the proper district. Go to www.mappy.com and upper left for French and type in the name LA MAIRE and the name of the town. Write in english and see what happens.

The request willbe routed to the correct office (mercifully) only if it is addresses to he Mayor of the City/ Include the following information in requests for birth certificates

Full name at birth, Date and Place of Birth, Fathers full name, Mothers full name at the time of the childs birth, including her maiden name. My last information in 2004 indicated that there is no Fee and I suspect it is still the same since the European Union all follow the same regulations with some variations from what I can see.

Happy New Year =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

That is the address that www.mappy gives you. The inquirer knows no french so she better off sending a letter in english with the vital informatio required when making a BMD request.....Happy New Year Livio! =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The following is a letter that can be sent to the Mayor of Moiron
Your Name
your address

[align=right]
Monsieur François CARRE
Mairie
Rue de la Mairie
39570 MOIRON
France[/align]

Objet : demande d'acte de naissance

Je soussigné your name, demeurant à your address, vous prie de bien vouloir m'adresser un extrait d'acte de naissance de Marie Louise Girod.

Cet événement a eu lieu à Moiron, Jura department, Franche-Comté aprox. 1860

Je vous remercie par avance de cet envoi et je vous prie d'agréer, Monsieur, l'expression de mes sentiments distingués.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I am very happy that you were able to get a french facsimile for our Kanagroo inquirer. =Peter=
~Peter~
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Hi all, thank you kindly for your help, the letters are on their way, now i hope to get an answer. Kind Regards from Switzerland. :D
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I researched DACOMO Heraldry in the Subalpine Italy and was unable to come up with anything close save for one intriguing find for a
DI GIACOMO (www.stemmario.it) which has no immediate bearing upon your request for the DACOMO surname but at some future date it may relate insome way. =Peter=
~Peter~
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Hello again,

Just a quick update. I have recieved all relevant information about my french ancestors, in the meantime i was able to go back 9 generation, incredible. French archives are fantastic, and most are online. In the meantime i discovered that the name of my graet great grandmother was not Girod but Girot and she was not from Moiron but from Noiron sur Seine Burgundy France. Thanks again and good luck to all.