Origin of name Brolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Victorlm

Origin of name Brolo

Post by Victorlm »

I heard that my family name "Brolo" is of celtic origin and it means something like an enclosed vineyard. Why would it be celtic?
Victor
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Origin of name Brolo

Post by ptimber »

This is an italian genealogy forum. Peter
Victorlm

Post by Victorlm »

ptimber wrote:This is an italian genealogy forum. Peter
Here is the Webster definition of genealogy:
an account of the descent of a person, family, or group from an ancestor or from older forms

I'm trying to find the older forms
Victor
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

So go to a Celtic forum......to wit try the internet and stop imposing yourself on well intentioned people while you twiddle. Peter
Victorlm

Post by Victorlm »

ptimber wrote:So go to a Celtic forum......to wit try the internet and stop imposing yourself on well intentioned people while you twiddle. Peter
The name is Italian: Brolo
So can you help me find my roots or not? Thanks for your help...
Victor
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Brolo is not listed as an Italian surname and is local in origin with local or foreign roots. Go to www.google.com and insert Brolo and the word genealogy for anyone doing or having done research on this surname. You are no doubtr not entirely Italian or may not be of Italian descent at all. There is something here that you are not saying and when my instincts kick in I know it. I sense something is wrong with the way you are approaching this forum and its hard to pronounce. Peter
Victorlm

Post by Victorlm »

ptimber wrote:Brolo is not listed as an Italian surname and is local in origin with local or foreign roots. Go to www.google.com and insert Brolo and the word genealogy for anyone doing or having done research on this surname. You are no doubtr not entirely Italian or may not be of Italian descent at all. There is something here that you are not saying and when my instincts kick in I know it. I sense something is wrong with the way you are approaching this forum and its hard to pronounce. Peter
Sorry I brought up a subject that needs to be talked about in the open instead of being a forbidden discourse; I'm all for the free flow of ideas and this is a "Forum" not a private club. A forum is a medium for open discussion or expression of ideas.

Here's a response I sent to some else:
This is fascinating, I never thought first names would be so site specific. In the old days, they would say Leonardo (da Vinci) or something similar to indicate where they were from and that was at a time where there were a lot of divisions within the country and yet people were not ashamed to say where they were from. I find the study of genealogy one of the most engaging and stimulating of subjects because it teaches me about culture, how people governed themselves, their beliefs and values at different historical points. Thank you for your enlightened response.
Victor (Vittorio)
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

On the other hand port wine gives me gas!!!!!!!Peter
Victorlm

Post by Victorlm »

ptimber wrote:On the other hand port wine gives me gas!!!!!!!Peter
But "grappa" will surely get your neurons!!!!
Victor
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The ones you don't have??? Peter
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

The Brolo name is found in the town of Arzignano in Venezia. If this is the town of your ancestors, the civil records are on microfilm at the Family History Library anc cover from 1806 to 1909. You can rent the films for a small fee and find all the birth, marriage, and death records for your ancestors this way.....this will help before you go to Italy yourself.

If your ancestor came from a different town, you can search for possible records at the FHL site.... www.familysearch.org

It would not be unusual to find a name with Celtic origins in Italy. Over the centuries, many groups came into Italy for numerous reasons. Some retreated after their mission was complete, but others stayed. Or the name could represent immigration to the area more recently...in the past couple of hundred years. Maybe if you can locate the length of time this family was in the Italian town of origin now, you could determine where the name intitially came from......

Good Luck.
Victorlm

Post by Victorlm »

ptimber wrote:The ones you don't have??? Peter
I love you too!
Victor
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I will always cherish the intial misconceptions I had about you. Peter
Victorlm

Post by Victorlm »

Essgee wrote:The Brolo name is found in the town of Arzignano in Venezia. If this is the town of your ancestors, the civil records are on microfilm at the Family History Library anc cover from 1806 to 1909. You can rent the films for a small fee and find all the birth, marriage, and death records for your ancestors this way.....this will help before you go to Italy yourself.

If your ancestor came from a different town, you can search for possible records at the FHL site.... www.familysearch.org

It would not be unusual to find a name with Celtic origins in Italy. Over the centuries, many groups came into Italy for numerous reasons. Some retreated after their mission was complete, but others stayed. Or the name could represent immigration to the area more recently...in the past couple of hundred years. Maybe if you can locate the length of time this family was in the Italian town of origin now, you could determine where the name intitially came from......

Good Luck.

THANK YOU!!!! this sounds very promising, you opened another door.
Victor