looking for my relatives Santomarco in USA

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
emi1973

looking for my relatives Santomarco in USA

Post by emi1973 »

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a branch of my family Santomarco emigrated in usa, from ellisisland immigration I found them (Giaccata (correct name Giacinta)) and her 2 sons registered with the mom's surname, Antonio and Filomena in 1909. unfortunately i've not been able to find them in any archive (see Ancestry. phone book, US census). if there is anyone who knows or have found any occasionally news on them please notify me!
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: looking for my relatives Santomarco in USA

Post by brujaojos »

emi1973 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm looking for a branch of my family Santomarco emigrated in usa, from ellisisland immigration I found them (Giaccata (correct name Giacinta)) and her 2 sons registered with the mom's surname, Antonio and Filomena in 1909. unfortunately i've not been able to find them in any archive (see Ancestry. phone book, US census). if there is anyone who knows or have found any occasionally news on them please notify me!
Hi

Do you know who Giacinta married? According to Ellis Island, the manifest stated they were going to 590 Charles Street, Providence, Rhode Island to see her husband. I can't make out his name. Remember, woman took their husband's surname once they came to the USA. However, in Italy, a woman always keeps her maiden name.

Also, the manifest states Giacinta left her motherCarmina in Italy.

I hope this is of some help to you.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Giacinta was going to see GIOVANNI FETTA.

There is also a manifest Feb 23, 1906, The ship INDIANA .... for Giovanni Fetta age 32 the labourer, married - who travelled with a Davide Santomarco age 18 - the shoemaker - going to Providence R.I. as their intended destination. Davide was going to be with his aunt Maria Montagiula?? They were both from Fontegreca. There were others from Fontegreca on board that ship as well.

mfjp
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

mfjp wrote:Giacinta was going to see GIOVANNI FETTA.

There is also a manifest Feb 23, 1906, The ship INDIANA .... for Giovanni Fetta age 32 the labourer, married - who travelled with a Davide Santomarco age 18 - the shoemaker - going to Providence R.I. as their intended destination. Davide was going to be with his aunt Maria Montagiula?? They were both from Fontegreca. There were others from Fontegreca on board that ship as well.

mfjp
This is the information for Giovanni Fetta in the World War I Draft Registration Cards (1917-1918)

Giovanni Fetta
City: Providence
County: Providence
State: Rhode Island
Birth Date: 04 Nov 1874
Race: White
Roll: 1852403
DraftBoard: 3

It is on ancestry.com. If you can't access it, you can always go to the Library and/or go to the Family History Center and order the microfilm #1852403. The microfilm is in alphabetic order.

I'll search for census and see what kind of information I find on the family.

Have a good one.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

emi1973 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm looking for a branch of my family Santomarco emigrated in usa, if there is anyone who knows or have found any occasionally news on them please notify me!
In the 1910 Census, these people are listed
Giulio Santomarco 5-WD CAMDEN, CAMDEN, NJ , DOB 1886
Angelo Santomarco 9-WD PROVIDENCE, PROVIDENCE, RI, DOB 1888

In the 1930 Census, these people are listed

Augusta Santomarco Chicago, Cook, IL, DOB abt 1894, Wife
Angelo Santomarco Chicago, Cook, IL , DOB abt 1888, Italy Head
Phillip Santomarco Chicago, Cook, IL, DOB abt 1915, Son

This is from Connecticut Death Index

Name: DOMIN SANTOMARCO
Death Date: 09 June 1968
Death Place: New Milford, Litchfield, Connecticut
Birth Date: xxxYOB
Marital Status: Married
Spouse: MURI
State File #: 12359
Residence: 000, Out-of-State, New York
Race: White

World War I Draft Registration Cards, these people are listed

Angelo Santomarco, DOB 05 Dec 1886, Italy, REG: Chicago, Cook, IL
Luigi Santomarco, DOB 12 Jul 1885, REG: Norwood, Norfolk, MA

If I find anything, I'll let you know.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
emi1973

Post by emi1973 »

thank you for your answers, you give me a great hand! now i'm looking for the descendants of Davide Santomarco, he's the missing branch of my genealogy tree! I don't know which santomarco found in internet refers to him, I have some relatives in newyork and they refers to my granfather brother, not to Davide. is there anyone who have news on Davide? thank you for your answers!
santohcky

Post by santohcky »

I recently joined this website and noticed someone was searching for the Santomarco family. My grandfather was Angelo Santomarco and his wife was Agusta Santomarco, both deceased. They lived on the south side of Chicago.

My father Philip Santomarco (deceased) and his wife Fay Santomarco (still living) both lived on the south side of Chicago until they moved to the suburbs.

Please let me know what additional information your seeking and might be able to assist you.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are only 30 people listed in the entire USA with the Santomarcko surname so why not go to www.infospacwe.com and just put in the surname and see who they are and perhaps you may wish to send one letter to all 30 and ask them if they are related to your Davide??? This can be a successful shortcut to all the handwringing waiting for people with that surname to come forward. Peter