NEW HERE NEED HELP FAETO AGRIESTI

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
hollygianfrancesco
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NEW HERE NEED HELP FAETO AGRIESTI

Post by hollygianfrancesco »

I found an e mail address to Faeto City Hall and I wrote in Italian. No luck as my Grandmother's birth year and her siblings is incorrect. I was contacted by the e mail recipient and I am very disappointed. Between census, ship manifest, death record, headstone, there are birth years from 1872-1880.
Obtaining any further information is hopeless without accurate dates.
I am feeling very empty from this dead end, brick wall. Why was everyone so inaccurate back then?
I hope we do better in the 2010 census.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Normally the Ufficio di Stato Civile does a check of their records by the decade so why would a date of birth even if approximate is not researched for the correct date?? Perhaps the Faeto you seek is a frazione of Serramazzoni in Emilia Romagna and not the Faeto in Puglia region?

Perhaps they misunderstood since you sent an e-mail inyour own words instead of a form letter in Italian such as you will find at
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html with an approXimate date of birth and see what happens. ?

The address for Faeto in Emila Romagna is found at www.nonsolocap.it and click CERCA and then click on SERRAMAZZONI 41028 since Faeto is a "frazione" of Serramazzoni and scroll down to MUNICIPIO address to mail your letter. to Serramazzoni or send the letter to Faeto in Puglia. =Peter=
~Peter~
hollygianfrancesco
Veteran
Veteran

I actually sent my e mail in Italian, with the form letter you provided in an earlier post, they responded in Italian and I translated it.

NO NO! It is definitely, Faeto, Foggia, the way they said it in my house was" FUDGE!"

I will go to the church and see what I can find. What exactly is microfilm? How is it read?
LyndaJo

Post by LyndaJo »

I have found hundreds of names through the family history library. They have films you can look at and they consist of births, deaths and marriages. Find one in your area. Faeto has records from 1810. Good luck!
hollygianfrancesco
Veteran
Veteran

Unfortunately, there is no family history center near me. They all closed. I did however finally receive the marriage records for my grandparents. My grandmother was married to Antonio Spinelli in Italy abt 1897. I wish I could find out what happened to him when she arrived in Dec 1902 to join him because on Nov 14, 1903 she married my grandfather and her address was Washington Ave, Bridgeport, Ct just like it said on the ship manifest. I searched family search and I have no idea how old Antonio was so without enough information there are too many Antonio Spinelli's. I will find what I need eventually. Its takes time and patience.
hollygianfrancesco
Veteran
Veteran

Well, I have come a very long way since I first posted in this forum. The mystery still remains regarding Antonio Spinelli. I see Rochester, Ny on the manifest , however, I do not see the address on Washington St Bridgeport, CT that was mentioned in a reply.
I have been reading microfilm from LDS and my next roll has arrived in which I will look through marriages for 1896, 7 and 8.
I did find a census for 1930 for Anthony Spinelli in Rochester, NY with his family.
Maybe it was him?
I did find my nonna's sister's name and birth record which included her death date. Also birth record for Nonna and her sisters have parents names and I found their marriage record.
I plan to visit Faeto this summer.