any info on the surnames: Dell'Aria and LoPiano?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
stephenpaul

any info on the surnames: Dell'Aria and LoPiano?

Post by stephenpaul »

My grandfather immigrated to the United States in 1906 from Castrogiovanni (Enna) Sicily. His name was Alerio Dell'Aria.
Also, my grandmother immigrated to the United States in 1913 from Partanna Sicily. Her name was Anna LoPiano. I'm interested if anyone knows of any relations in Italy, specifically, Sicily to these names.
Thanks,
Stephen :D
DK101

Re: any info on the surnames: Dell'Aria and LoPiano?

Post by DK101 »

Hello

I have done genetic testing at genebase.com
I am connected with family name DelDuca from Taranta,Chieti with genetic distance 3.
I am also connected with family Dell'Aria with genetic distance 2. That mean I am better connected with Dell'Aria family.
I can help you in a way to give you the names of people I have found and if you are able to connect all pieces together maybe you will be able to get the whole story.

Carmelo Dell'Aria Compact Disc #131 Pin #3665184 Pedigree
Sex: M
Event(s)
Death: 10 Nov 1972
Villarosa

Go to page http://www.familysearch.org and write only family name Dell'Aria you will be able to see that it should be whole tree on compact disc 131 and the info about the poster.

I am connected with Donald Joseph Dellario witch is son of Cataldo Dellario (1919-2004) witch is son of Cologero Dell'Aria witch is son of Samuel Dell'Aria.
Unfortunately there are no places included. If you want I can contact Donald and connect you with him.
I hope it will help.

Salute

Davor
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: any info on the surnames: Dell'Aria and LoPiano?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

stephenpaul wrote:My grandfather immigrated to the United States in 1906 from Castrogiovanni (Enna) Sicily. His name was Alerio Dell'Aria.
Also, my grandmother immigrated to the United States in 1913 from Partanna Sicily. Her name was Anna LoPiano. I'm interested if anyone knows of any relations in Italy, specifically, Sicily to these names.
Thanks,
Stephen :D
There are currently two Dell'Aria's in Enna, according to the Italian telephone directory.

Also, eleven Lo Piano's in Partanna.

The second message in this threadhas some helpful information regarding writing letters to potential Italian relatives.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)