Family name \"Abbamonte\"

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Family name \"Abbamonte\"

Post by ptimber »

There are 5 persons in salvitelle who are surnamed Abbamonte and can be viewed by name,address and telephone number by going to www.paginebianche.it and inserting the surname in thje first line, the town name in the third line and click CERCA and the listing will show up. Not knowing how you want to proceed as to whether you want documents or relatives, i can tell you that there are documents like birth,marriage and deathcertificates for your grandfather and anyone else whereyou have both a full name and year or date of birth. You can also consider writing in italian or very simple english (now it is second language in schools)...I mean simple sentences so some school kid can understand, and asking these peeople if they are related to you. You can even call them on the telephone to expedite things if you wish if you talk italian. Peter
Abbagirl

Re: Family name "Abbamonte"

Post by Abbagirl »

Imagine,,,over two years later I am responding to this post!
I have done extensive research on the Abbamonte family from Salvitelle.
I am going to try and write these families in Italy.
I have been known to call many surnames in the states but know no Italian.
Can I guess most Italians know a little english?
Dont want to turn people off by thinking I am some "crazy American"!
You all are so very helpful!
Joyce
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raymo »

I am not sure this will help, as I do not know where the family originated, but growing up in NYC, I knew a Michelle ABBAMONTE. We knew each other when we all lived in East Harlem in Manhattan, 116th & 1st Avenue to be exact. Her family was from the area around Naples, same as mine. I have not had contact with them for proably 25 yrs. Uncle named Arnold, that's all I can remember....Ring a bell?
Abbagirl

Post by Abbagirl »

Thank you so much for responding. Our family is that family. Oreste Abbamonte still lives in Harlem. On 116th st. I did call and speak to the wife. I believe her name is Catherine.( have to look it up) Mabye Michele was their daughter.
They are distant cousins. OUr family was from Salvitelle.
What ever became of Michele?
Some family members are willing to give more information than others :roll:
have you found your family history?
take care.
Joyce
dabbamonte1

Re: Family name \"Abbamonte\"

Post by dabbamonte1 »

Hi Cousins!....just stumbled onto your posts from past years. Yes, it seems we all descend from East Harlem and Salvitelle (I visited there in '98).
Good to hear from you!

Danny Abbamonte
Gorga1

Re: Family name \

Post by Gorga1 »

Hi! My family is also from Salvitelle, but my mother moved to London so here we still are. Have been there many, many times as a child. As a point of interest, there is an American branch of our family in New Jersey (Redbank way) who I recently visited too, also from Salvitelle (my mum's sister moved there in the 50's and she has 7 children all of whom are now married with children)! What a small world.
dabbamonte1

Re: Family name \"Abbamonte\"

Post by dabbamonte1 »

Actually I grew up in NJ but not Redbank...It's good to know I have relatives there...maybe I'll look them up someday...but, it's really great to have relatives in London...I already detect the accent.