Finding Family

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

first go to www.ellisisland.org and look up your family and you willlocate their year of birth and place of origin. You can then click on their ship manifest and see wjhere they were destined when they arrived. If you wish to locate relatgives or people with the same surname in the town of origin then go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname in the first line and the town in the third lkine and click CERCA and the listing, if any will ap;pear withj names,addresses and telephone numbers. If you wish documents then you can write in Italian to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in the town of origin but just get sr[==tarted and then I will help you as we go along. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

My job is to direct you to the appropriate website, addresses and informatiuon you need in order to achieve your research objectives. Please don\'t hesitate when you run into difficulties. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

Rosa could be a second name like Maria Rosa or Teresa Rosa and they just called her Rosa so don\'t concentrate on Rose. Did she have a social security card? Did she pass on after 1963? If she did then you can look her name in the deatgh index if you know the date of her death then yhou can pick up her birthdate and fulkl name.
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

You do not tell me the date you have for Salvatore Crisanti arrival so that I can look up the entry data for him and then ROSA . I may see something that you don\'t so tell me the date of his arrival and the town he came from on the ellisi island record ok? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

maiden name is MESSINA. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

Her maiden name is MESSINA. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

If they are decesaed there would be a record in social security for them after 1963. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and submit form 81 to NARA passenger arrivals records for Salvatore and Rosina Messina .and whoevber else you want to verify. It will cost few dollars but I think you won\'t mind paying the fee. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

wait and see what the responses are first. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Finding Family

Post by ptimber »

No it is Messina. Peter