Pacini family history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Manna00

Pacini family history

Post by Manna00 »

This is my first post here, and I'm not sure if this is in the correct place. My family surname is Pacini. I honestly know nothing about the family. I have no idea what part of Italy they are from. I've been stone-walled on this side of my family history for too long, so I'm reaching out to this community. I would really APPRECIATE any help and direction! I'll see what I can do about other possible Italians that are in my family. Thanks so much~
Amanda
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Pacini family history

Post by ptimber »

Amanda have you browsed thru the www.ellisisland.org website for any relatives arriving from Italy at NYC in the early part of the 20th centuryt starting with 1892 to 1924??? If you know nothing other than the surname Pacini then it is going to be difficult since there are currently 500 cities, towns and villages with persons surnamed Pacini and in Italy all recordss, histories and documents are in the town of origin in Italy. I suspect that you do not know that you do have information about the family but cannot relate it to your family genealogy. Go to www.google.com and put in the title PACINI-GENEALOGY and just look down the listing to see if something is triggered off in your memory...like a province, or a town or achurch or ships name etc. . If you are truly intereste in youir genelaogy and we can assist you at the speed of dark! then buy the book Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole\. it is an easy read and will give you a feel for your genealogy. Peter
Manna00

Post by Manna00 »

I"m actually more interested in getting help at the speed of smell. :)
CAn you get that book at just Amazon.com? I'll try the ellis island idea! I'm pumping as many of the "oldies" in my family for as much info as I can! Unfortuantly, along with the wonderfulness that IS being Italian, they also have a gift of slight exaggerations. Time to roll of the sleeves and get to the nitty gritties! Thanks so much!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is a better book to accompany reading the micropfilm records at the family history center Discovering your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson. .....The speed of smell hmm I never considered the olfactory system as a propulsive force!! Peter
garrisondh

Post by garrisondh »

Hi Amanda,
This is so old but maybe you will get it.
I was married to a Pacini and most of the come from Lucchio, Italy
which is in Tuscany. If you get this and want more let me know
garrisondh@aol.com
tlisti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tlisti »

Amanda,

My grandmother's maiden name was Pacini. We are from Houston, Texas, and I always heard her family was from northern italy, and they came into Galveston. I haven't started a search into that side of my family, so that is all I have to offer at this time. Where are you located? Are you in Texas?
tlisti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tlisti »

Oh, I see you are from Virginia. You should really try the Galveston manifests...I think the Pacini's came into the US there.
daddymuzza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by daddymuzza »

I have links on my family tree to Pacini's who came to England from the town of Busseto in the Parma region of Italy
if yer no fast yer last !!!