some pix ive found in my research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: some pix ive found in my research

Post by mfjp »

juanminbar ... who ever you are... it is nice to see you helping Pepino like this... the beauty about ancestral research is not just connecting names... but "meeting" people such as yourself who really help put the pieces together... happy for you both! mfjp
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

mfjp wrote:juanminbar ... who ever you are... it is nice to see you helping Pepino like this... the beauty about ancestral research is not just connecting names... but "meeting" people such as yourself who really help put the pieces together... happy for you both! mfjp

it's always a pleasure to help specially when you have something to offer. i might add that you did a great job at assisting. juanminbar
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

i got the pix on weds and a cemetary map on thurs. thank you so much for everything. You made it possible for my father to see a new picture of his father who he hasnt seen since 1958, and he was only 8 years old then, and a chance to see the grandfather ive never met. small small world. sorry it took 2 days to respond i have been crazy with work. i will say a little more later as well as write you a formal thank you card juanminbar.

grazie

Joe
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

PepinoMattioli wrote:i got the pix on weds and a cemetary map on thurs. thank you so much for everything. You made it possible for my father to see a new picture of his father who he hasnt seen since 1958, and he was only 8 years old then, and a chance to see the grandfather ive never met. small small world. sorry it took 2 days to respond i have been crazy with work. i will say a little more later as well as write you a formal thank you card juanminbar.

grazie

Joe
good morning joe,
i'm happy you received everything. a formal thank you is not necessary. i just wish i had more to offer. good luck.
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

Ok, to anyone who was looking in on our little story here, sorry it took me a while to get my stuff together. I got a new computer, and as I said Ive been busy with work.

The guy to the far left of the screen is my great grandfather. This is the butchers shop he worked at in 1938/39. Out of respect for privacy of juanminbar that is all the info I can say. Otto is also the older of the 2 little boys in the first picture I posted.

I would like to thank again everyone for helping out. This has been one of the biggest moral boosters to helping out my research. As well as contacting family members and bringing some people together in my family.

And to juanminbar...even tho you think sending that picture wasnt a big deal. Heres a few examples of what this picture has done in my family throught the response of Otto's children

-I understand that you are doing a family tree, and the pic that you sent my Dad tonight, brought tears to his eyes. He had never seen that pic before. ( my cousin Santo, son of Otto jr. )

-Thanks so much for the picture Joey, Ive already printed it out and put it in the photo album. COme visit soon and I will take you to the cemetary.
( my Aunt Argia, Ottos's daughter )

-And my father ( otto's son ) Went out and bought a real expensive frame and hung the picture up along with a bunch of other family photos. This picture you sent is the only picture my father has of his father ( Otto ).
PepinoMattioli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PepinoMattioli »

And heres one more picture I recently aquired. Image

Here is Otto, Dorthea, a cousin, and My great uncle Anthony ( who my father was named after ). These 2 men are the 2 little boys in the very first picture I posted.

Ci vediamo!!!!!
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

if i ever get discouraged in my quest to not only trace our family history, but to connect with family in italy, i will remember these post. being new to the search, finding info is fustrating, and some of the websites are a pain when you don't know what you are doing. what was accomplished here was fantastic!! happy for you all!!
Daniellabella21

Post by Daniellabella21 »

that is a great picture. I hope I can find some of that quality from my family.
Danielle
"La pratica vale più della grammatica"
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

where di you find the picture of your grandfather? does ellis island have any pictures?
trevisan2
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

They’re smiling at you Joe!

Really nice to see the photo Juanminbar sent! Glad to see these beautiful priceless photos on this site.

mfjp :D
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

PepinoMattioli wrote:And heres one more picture I recently aquired. Image

Here is Otto, Dorthea, a cousin, and My great uncle Anthony ( who my father was named after ). These 2 men are the 2 little boys in the very first picture I posted.

Ci vediamo!!!!!
the wedding picture:

my last post went in as a private message. check it out.
sava

Post by sava »

Hi,
I Pepino! I am the daughter of Sante Mattioli's niece. My mother's name is Adalcisa Mattioli and she was born and still lives in Portomaggiore. She always tells me about her family story, especially abuot her childhood and her family members (your aunt's name is definitely Argia!!!) She always told me about one of her grandfather's brothers who had emigrated to America in 1906! I made researches and I found out exactly the news you are quoting. He left from Genua and went to live to Scranton Pa. I know for sure; my mom once had a piece of paper in her wallet with part of his address written on it. She told me many times that an aunt of hers used to write to him quite often. When she died, however, her daughter did not keep contacts with any of her American relatives any longer and everything was lost.
I am sorry that it took me so much time to find someone whom I could address to and now I hope to get a reply from you! I really wish I could get in touch with you. I would like to find my relatives, especially for my mother who is always looking back to her her past, she always thinks about the members of her family who are no longer there and she regrets a lot for not having any news and any contacts any more.
Please write to me soon. Sandra :)