Lazzarischi - Any Suggestions?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
madannie

Lazzarischi - Any Suggestions?

Post by madannie »

LAZZARISCHI

Or Lazzareschi, Lazzareecki, Lazzarichi, Luzzareski, Laxariski, Lazzareseke and Lasyarasky all of which have been found on certificates or census returns as variations of the title surname.

I would like some help! The person that I am interested in is Joseph LAZZARISCHI b 1837(approx.) Italy, died 1876 Plymouth, Devon married to a Mary Ann DYKES b 1844(approx) Andover, Hampshire.

They had 7 children, Sebastian, Henri Pasquale, Cyrille, Clara Mary, Rosina Mary, Joseph William & Frederick Louis. I have copies of most of the children’s birth certificates that shows all of them were born in the UK, Plymouth, Truro, Bristol, Bristol, Plymouth & Plymouth. The most recent one I found was that of Sebastian, their eldest born 26 May 1861 in the Clyde area of Glasgow. On this certificate was listed the date and place of the Marriage of the parents. This was given as 2 Sept 1860 in London. I went back to the GRO and found it on the first page I looked at. The information from the marriage certificate gives Josephs fathers name as Sebastian. Witnesses at the marriage were Virgile & Ellen Prospero, it took place at the Chapel of St Bridget Catholic Church, Holborn, London. The address given on the certificate for both parties was 24 Tush Street.

The only listings in the census I have found for Joseph at present is the 1871 census for Plymouth Devon where his place of birth was listed as Italy and in Glasgow for the 1861 Census where his birth place was given as Tuscany, Italy.

I have a few different occupations for him, figure maker & statuary, itinerant seller of ice cream, shop keeper (green grocer), traveller.

I have no idea where or when Joseph came into the UK. All the info I have collected would point to him being from the Lucca area…but this is pure supposition…..given the surname.

Now what do I do??..I would love to find out exactly where he came from so any suggestions how I may proceed would be gratefully received!

Many thanks. :?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lazzarischi - Any Suggestions?

Post by suanj »

madannie wrote:LAZZARISCHI

Or Lazzareschi, Lazzareecki, Lazzarichi, Luzzareski, Laxariski, Lazzareseke and Lasyarasky all of which have been found on certificates or census returns as variations of the title surname.

I would like some help! The person that I am interested in is Joseph LAZZARISCHI b 1837(approx.) Italy, died 1876 Plymouth, Devon married to a Mary Ann DYKES b 1844(approx) Andover, Hampshire.

They had 7 children, Sebastian, Henri Pasquale, Cyrille, Clara Mary, Rosina Mary, Joseph William & Frederick Louis. I have copies of most of the children’s birth certificates that shows all of them were born in the UK, Plymouth, Truro, Bristol, Bristol, Plymouth & Plymouth. The most recent one I found was that of Sebastian, their eldest born 26 May 1861 in the Clyde area of Glasgow. On this certificate was listed the date and place of the Marriage of the parents. This was given as 2 Sept 1860 in London. I went back to the GRO and found it on the first page I looked at. The information from the marriage certificate gives Josephs fathers name as Sebastian. Witnesses at the marriage were Virgile & Ellen Prospero, it took place at the Chapel of St Bridget Catholic Church, Holborn, London. The address given on the certificate for both parties was 24 Tush Street.

The only listings in the census I have found for Joseph at present is the 1871 census for Plymouth Devon where his place of birth was listed as Italy and in Glasgow for the 1861 Census where his birth place was given as Tuscany, Italy.

I have a few different occupations for him, figure maker & statuary, itinerant seller of ice cream, shop keeper (green grocer), traveller.

I have no idea where or when Joseph came into the UK. All the info I have collected would point to him being from the Lucca area…but this is pure supposition…..given the surname.

Now what do I do??..I would love to find out exactly where he came from so any suggestions how I may proceed would be gratefully received!

Many thanks. :?
Hi:
sure exact spelling of surname is Lazzareschi .
The Lazzareschi surname are typical of Lucca area.
The figure maker (Plaster Figurine Maker) profession is in italian language "figurinaio" http://www.provincia.lucca.it/archivioc ... ismall.jpg
The emigration of figurinai in UK starting about 1840/1850.. In Glasgow community the italian figurinai was especially from Barga town...

-the figurinaio profession was, especially, in Coreglia Anteminelli, Bagni di Lucca, Fabbriche di Vallico and also in Barga, Borgo a Mozzano, Camaiore, Pescaglia, and same Lucca town...

About first name GIUSEPPE Lazzareschi was present, in years mentioned in Porcari, Camigliano, Diecimo(fraction of Borgo a Mozzano town), Piaggione ... but this is not important why the first name Giuseppe(Joseph) is very common in all Italy...
Regards, suanj
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: Lazzarischi - Any Suggestions?

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Here is there marriage:

Marriages Sep 1860 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dykes Mary Ann Holborn 1b 770
Lasgarasky Joseph Holborn 1b 770
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk