Total Stand Still. Surname MASI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
skinnycook

Post by skinnycook »

Peter....you really need to take a break :!:
Look who's talking about hogging up the forum boards....
and as for any intelligent info being given out......suanj does a better job.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

i don't know about hogging but maybe you do. I agree with you wholeheartedly that Suanj is much more knowldgeable about Italy than I am and certainly has access to a lot more information than I do. This is why we are good friends. You know the old saying "water seeks its own level". Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Peter, you make a great job here!!! Sure I know the Italian history, but you know that one of the e'migre's in USA and know to move in this sense. , I and Peter are good friends and are happy for having known it on line.. to times its character takes the windward with someone... but he is too much Bravo...I am useful of this message in order to say to all that I find myself well with all you, and I ask you excuse for my errors in English language... regards to all from Italy, suanj
Joni

Re: Total Stand Still. Surname MASI

Post by Joni »

The fact that his first name is Nicholas (Nicolo) might very likely indicate he was Arberesh, Masi is very common in some of the Arberesh comunes in Sicily.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

My name is Mary does that make me Italian
SciBirg

Post by SciBirg »

All I know is that the MASI family make great wine!
Worth looking into...there might be some genalogy info here:

http://www.masi.it/vineyards/VineIng.htm
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 862 cities,towns, villages and hamlets in Italy having persons srunamed MASI and in Italy you need to know the townof origin in order to conduct genealogy so I hardly think that MASI winemakers are the answer. Just because they have a website does not mean they are related to the initial inquiry. Peter
SciBirg

Post by SciBirg »

Peter, I did not say that there was conclusive proof here, I said it is worth looking into, there are lots of names and history on that webpage. All avenues are worth pursuing, you know.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

That is not very efficient without evidencve of any kind. The inquirer is better off seeking specific leads. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

That is not very efficient without evidencve of any kind. The inquirer is better off seeking specific leads. Peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

My G5 Grandmother DiMassa was from Trasacco, L'Aquila. In the original post, you had mentioned that Nicola may have had a sister by the name Nicoletta? I did see an Ellis manifest for a Nicoletta Masi who travelled to the US when she was 19. The person she travelled with was a Raffaele age 51 most likely her father heading out to Boston as their intended destination. Unfortunately it doesn't mention where in Italy they were from. The young man listed - age 10 "Rocco Antonio" could have been a brother also going to Boston. Do a further search on Raffaele and Rocco... and maybe you will find out where they originated from... and then take your research there. Also, do check out the Australian archives. http://www.naa.gov.au/The_Collection/recordsearch.html There were over 100 listed there. You can ask for further info on individuals (up to 5) by their online email... I don't think you are at a stand still... yet... Good luck!

First Name: Nicoletta
Last Name: Masi
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: April 30, 1896
Age at Arrival:  19    Gender:  F    Marital Status:    
Ship of Travel: Belgravia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0590 :D
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Wolfmyjic, I sent you a private message. Fara San Martino, Chieti is a place you may want to look into.
Heynow

Post by Heynow »

Wolfmyjic wrote:Hi. I'm at a total stand still. I'm looking for info on the surname MASI.

I know that Nicholas MASI came to the USA before 1920s. He married Loretta and had two children by 1920 census.

I don't have ANYTHING else to help me with where he came from, other than that and that he 'might' have a sister named Nicolet (spelling?) and that his surname could have possible been DeMasi before coming over.

Any help ANYBODY might could offer would really help. Thanks!!

~Wolfy~
Still looking?
I might be able to help.